Scorched Earth Xtreme

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
SE_Xtreme
Beginner

Scorched Earth Xtreme

Post by SE_Xtreme » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:14 pm

Hello, lads!

I wanted to stop in and invite the FI Squadron to visit my website and learn more about a wonderful dynamic campaign system for IL2 called Scorched Earth Online War or SEOW. SE Xtreme is a resource for SEOW users and it allows pilots and their squadrons to become familiar with the SEOW system and gives them the opportunity to try it for themselves with very little time and trouble.

If you are as big a nut as I am about immersion and mission oriented action, SEOW and SE Xtreme are well worth your attention. I would be happy to meet with you on TS anytime to answer any questions you may have. In the meantime, please visit SE Xtreme and register a profile there. Have a look around and let me know what you think.

We have many campaigns that are either in progress or will be starting soon and we would love to have the FI Squadron in the virtual air with us!

Cheers!
Hitcher
SE Xtreme Administrator
http://www.scorchedearthxtreme.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:12 pm

I've heard of this war, nothing like the bellum clones at the moment. In this war you could fly a half dozen missions without seeing an enemy aircraft, but you still have targets to achieve.
It sounds interesting, though at the moment due to planning of missions etc, you dont fly often.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
SE_Xtreme
Beginner

Post by SE_Xtreme » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:29 pm

SEOW allows both sides of a virtual war to plan their mission down to the individual unit. Of course, neither side can see the other's plans, so surprise is common. The mission planner is a web-based GUI and it works in a very similar way to the IL2 FMB, so not only will you choose the type of aircraft, but you will actually plot individual waypoints, fuel and weapon loadouts, targets, etc. Once a person becomes used to the process, it can go very quickly. In most cases, camapign missions are flown once or twice weekly, so there is plenty of time to log into the mission planner and plot your missions. This allows much more immersion than a typical DCG campaign.

The amount of action you encounter is up to the mission planners and the navigation skill of the players involved.

SEOW is great for intra-squad competitions or squad vs. squad events. Please take some time to review the information available on my website and let me know if you have any questions.
Hitcher
SE Xtreme Administrator
http://www.scorchedearthxtreme.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SE_Xtreme
Beginner

Post by SE_Xtreme » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:19 pm

Just a note that we are hosting a mission in our Barbarossa campaign tonight, Friday, December 8th at 2200 EST and tomorrow, Saturday, December 9th at 1600 EST, we will run the final mission in our Operation Compass campaign. Please check our calendar on the website for more SE Xtreme events.

FIS members are invited to drop in any time and give our missions a test run. Our TS information is available in our public forums. Have a great weekend! :)
Hitcher
SE Xtreme Administrator