Anyone been in lyon?

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Anyone been in lyon?

Post by Sapper-FIN » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:20 pm

My GF´s father work with the UN at Geneva, Switzerland. We are going to visit him next month. Since France is so close to Geneva, we figured we´ll go to France too... Maybe in Lyon...

This may be a long shot, but has anyone been there? Or anywhere in the south-western France?

I wonder if it´s true what they say about those frenchies... that they do know how to speak english, but just refuce to do so... I hope not... because all the French i know, is learned from the "commando-comics".. You know, "Sacre bleu", "Mon dieu, Les Bobches/Les allemandes!" :lol:
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:23 pm

I was there in 1960.

Would you like to know where some of the toy stores are?

Fal "Mow de Lawn" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:26 pm

Oh, "Centre d'Histoire de la Résistance et de la Déportation".. This looks interesting...

http://www.lyon.fr/vdl/sections/en/cult ... istance_1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now i just have to come up with an idea, to get my GF there too :lol:
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:27 pm

I was there in 1960.
Dude... You´re old.... :) :D

Well, how was it?
You know, "Sacre bleu", "Mon dieu, Les Bobches/Les allemandes!"
Just rememberd: "Viva la resistance!" And "listen carefully, i shall say this only once" ;)
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:35 pm

My favorite is from "Top Secret!"

Du Quois: This is Chevalier, Montage, Detente, Avant Garde, and Deja Vu.

Deja Vu: Haven't we met before?

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:33 am

So stuff I learnt in 'Allo Allo' wasn't real French? no wonder I failed French :oops:
:FI:Dex
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Dex » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:47 am

Huh?

Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:36 am

I figure i´ll be alright... I use mostly English, but put that "De" in front of some of the words...

"De Waiter, can i have De one beer please...De"