Windows RG edition

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Windows RG edition

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:02 pm

Windows RG (Really Good Edition)

This looks about par for the course.
Last edited by :FI:Sneaky_Russian on Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:24 pm

That was cute mate. Sadly it was so true too. ;)
Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:40 pm

Very good :D

Funny because it's true ;)

Skipper
"Nothing in Life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:45 pm

Guess with all this Bill hating going on here, now would not be a good time to tell you mates that I purchased this Microsoft wireless keyboard and laser mouse over the weekend. ;)

Anyone else use a wireless keyboard and/or mouse? I'm wondering when the time comes to reformat my machine, will I need to use a conventional keyboard/mouse during installation?

TS!
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:04 am

Why do they keep making these keyboards with non standard layouts! (MS and Logitech are both guilty of this). I'm refering to the keys above the arrow keys. It should be:

[Insert][Home][PageUp]
[Del ][End ][PageDown]

For now I'm sticking to my old Microsoft Natural keyboard, but I would like to upgrade to a nice bluetooth keyboard and mouse in the future to get rid of some cables. Let me know how this pair performs for gaming :D

s!
Snoop
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:26 am

:FI:Snoop Baron wrote:Why do they keep making these keyboards with non standard layouts! (MS and Logitech are both guilty of this). I'm refering to the keys above the arrow keys. It should be:

[Insert][Home][PageUp]
[Del ][End ][PageDown]

For now I'm sticking to my old Microsoft Natural keyboard, but I would like to upgrade to a nice bluetooth keyboard and mouse in the future to get rid of some cables. Let me know how this pair performs for gaming :D

s!
Snoop
I've been using wireless mouse and keyboard for two years now Snoop and havent had any problems apart from mouse batteries dying without warning-you just need to check the battery level via the software on a weekly basis as it goes for several days after it says the level is critical. Both my keyboard and mouse are Logitec.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:52 pm

Have you reformatted your machine using this wireless technology? Does it work somehow, or did you need to connect a coventional keyboard and mouse until the OS/USB/wireless software was installed?

So far she's working great. As I use the mouse wheel for rudder trim in IL-2, looking forward to the greater freedom of placing the mouse to my left and probably right next to my MS joystick (which is kept on my lap under a clipboard) during flight.

And yes, no more cables for my feet (or dog) to pull when firing at enemies. :badgrin:

TS!