Linksys Wireless Router

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:21 pm

Well I said I'd let you know what happened, well - oddly after Mikes proggie and other things that we're mentioned I had a play and thought I fixed the problem. I kinda had it dangling from the ceiling for maximum ventilation as near enough line of sight of computer...

Anyway after a few days it went back to normal and I go in touch with the powers that be..

I rang the local linksys customer support..

I was then speaking to a lovely lady from pakistan, phone line was terrible and policy said "We can't ring you back!" so after a hour of lots of 'what?' and 'I don't understand what your saying' I asked to speak to her supervisor and she promptly hung up on me.. how sweet.

I rang back, this time put through to some american (I was thrilled to be speaking to one after the lovely pakistan lady.)

He rang me back, after 2 hours of this and that we pretty much nailed it to that my router was upgraded to much? no way - apparently uk router firmwire stuff is more up to date then american and thats why we had to downgrade it??? anyway seems my connection has improved but I have a orange light now and my internet is laggy - though a nice signal.

We'll see how this pans out heh!

NC
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:13 am

Day 2 :?

Back to normal, its worse than ever - I ring them (only took a hour of arguements today) "no we don't need to do that, we did that yesterday" "we did that yeserday" "No listen, we did that already!" "No I'm not going to take my computer and system anywhere to test it! no no no - its not possible" "Hello?" lol

So they gave me a number to get a new router, I just got to find the receipt - so thats a whole new ball game, chances are looking slim for finding a receipt from beyond yesterday living with a women who'll shread a stamp incase it reveals some infomation.

So today, I called the place I purchased it and they're going to ring me back because "We have an unusually high amount of calls today.." (right! so unusual you had a specially recorded voice on standby?)

If all else fails, I'll have to re-create a receipt with paint shop pro 9 and hope they don't check? me thinks as I used a credit card they should be able to confirm a purchase of said item x day - wish me luck in the tediusly ongoing saga of.. "Wheres my router?"

:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:44 am

Tis why I use my local computer man.

His shop is grim, he smells a bit funny and he stares at my wife in a not altogether acceptable manner but if something faulty he immediately replaces it.

Good luck NC
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Good luck, NC!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:08 pm

[-o<
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:44 pm

I can't get no joy from the shop for a back up of the receipt - I'm going to have three options I guess...

One - Forge a receipt as they only want a photocopy...?

Two - buy a new router and take back the old one as faulty and sell the second one...?

Three - Be honest with Linksys?

I'm open to suggestions or any pearls of wisdom, this totally bites - even quick sessions on HL has me booted repeated >_<

NC
Post Maniac General

Selection...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:36 am

...#2.

:)
Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:30 pm

Though No. 1 would be quite easy to accomplish ;)
"Nothing in Life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill

Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:26 pm

I might have to lol
Post Maniac General

Word to the wise:

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:22 am

If you have FireFox, and DL and install the "NoScript" extension be sure to make it "allow" 192.168.0.1 when you access the online setup.

Otherwise, all you get is the minimal "Setup" menu. All other menus will not appear.