Pearl to Japan

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:06 pm

Looks like business as usual round here (new recruits consider lengthy and expensive therapy).

I wont be around on Sunday for the end of Pearl to Japan. The only silver lining for me is that I'm taking Wiff+kids down to her dads for half term so I will have a week of the house to myself. Where would I find me one of them there sheeps Stuart?.

Good luck to all on Sunday

R.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:44 pm

:FI:Scott wrote:...Where would I find me one of them there sheeps Stuart?...
Richard,

You're kiddin', right?

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:46 pm

Man, dem streets are narrow. :lol:
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:04 pm

Not kidding Falc, just trying to be discreet.

Drove down to Oxfordshire this morning. I might try and get back up to the great north for tomorrows flying.
- Willy Wonka.

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:58 pm

In a brief moment of seriousness ...

as I looked through pics of North Yorkshire I was stunned by the beauty!!!!

Dawg! It's like everywhere you look it's another "Last of the Summer Wine" shot ...

only better!

There's no Nora Batty.

Fal "I'm NOT Jealous!" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:16 pm

North Yorkshire is a nice part of the world - and one I may be moving to :shock:

I went for a couple of job interviews and one of the companies wants to offer me a role. So if they offer enough loot family and I might be moving up to Yorkshire.

Given I am from Lancashire originally I will have to be careful with my accent :lol: - don't want to start another War of the Roses.
Olegs stalker

:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:23 am

Was a good fun tonight, lads, even despite the incredible lag and stuff. Thx for hostin', Ard ;)

M
ImageImageImage
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:13 am

I sware I ain't makin' this up,

but except for some catapult takeoffs at the beginning I had a smooth ride the whole time.

It was fun fer sure, but I would have liked to have lived long enough to practice my carrier landings.

Up the world-wide Irish!

Falcon

Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:51 am

:FI:Nellip wrote:North Yorkshire is a nice part of the world - and one I may be moving to :shock:

I went for a couple of job interviews and one of the companies wants to offer me a role. So if they offer enough loot family and I might be moving up to Yorkshire.

Given I am from Lancashire originally I will have to be careful with my accent :lol: - don't want to start another War of the Roses.

I may be biased, quite a bit actually, but you aint going to regret it Nellip. First rounds on you me thinks.
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:00 pm

Stats are up for Sunday 11/02/07, any mistakes are mine, let me know if you spot one.

That was supposed tp be the last in the series, but due to firewall issues we only got two done, depending on when Nellip wants to kick off the Eastern front we can always fall back on those or maybe even have some coops on the new maps(4.08). Suggestions?

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:42 pm

:FI:Ardmore wrote:depending on when Nellip wants to kick off the Eastern front we can always fall back on those or maybe even have some coops on the new maps(4.08). Suggestions?

Vin
Sorry I missed last night - family trip to see my brother-in-law and did not get home until late. Good news was I got a belated Xmas present - a bottle of Jamesons :beer:

As mentioned previously I have a number of missions available (around 50 so far) for an Eastern front campaign and am happy to write some more as we go. My issue will be hosting and stats? My broadband line is not great :( so even assuming I could host through my router we would probably struggle with lag? I would have to e-mail the weeks missions to the volunteer host before Sunday sessions each week.

I would like to do the same as Vin did for "Pearl to Japan" with ranks and medals but that would require some logging and I have no experience with this? I have been doing a bit of research on medals and found some good web sites but would need some help from an Admin in getting these on the site?

I planned to do some Kiev missions anyway which is a 4.08 map, and if Genosse wants to do some more Burma, Manchuria, North Africa, Norway missions we can always take some weeks off from a Grand Campaign to do these much as we did with "Pearl to Japan".

Anyone want to volunteer to either help or train me on how to do these things, or any vounteer hosts?
Olegs stalker

:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

I hear theres been a purge

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:13 pm

This will only drive this sort of thing underground.
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:34 pm

I will host them Neil, if you can all put up with my shifts at work, meaning missing the odd Sunday session here and there, and while theres a pause in the campaign others can host other coops with the new maps.

Of course if someone else is able to host as well as myself, then I see no reason to not carry on with the campaign.

I have made some coops for the Khalkin Gol and the Manchuria maps( will make some on the new maps as well), so will put them in the download section for those who may choose to host on those Sundays I'm not around.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:52 pm

Latex gloves!?

:lol: :sheep: :lol:

:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:22 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:Latex gloves!?

:lol: :sheep: :lol:
Scary is'nt it? Image