Two stories from one

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:IceFrog
Forum Junky

Two stories from one

Post by :FI:IceFrog » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:49 pm

A little story that was just passed on to me. I never new this story but I’m glad I do now.
Many years ago, Al Capone virtually owned Chicago, Capone wasn’t famous for anything heroic. He was notorious for enmeshing the windy city in everything from bootlegged booze and prostitution to murder. Capone had a lawyer nicknamed “Easy Eddie”. Eddie was very good! In fact, Eddie’s skill at legal maneuvering kept Al out of jail for a long time. To show his appreciation, Capone paid him very well. Eddie and his family even occupied a fenced-in mansion with live-in help and all the conveniences of the day. The estate was so large that it filled an entire Chicago City block. Eddie lived the high life of the Chicago mob and gave little consideration to the atrocity that went on around him. Eddie did have one soft spot, however. He had a son that he loved dearly. Eddie saw to it that his son had the best of everything. Nothing was withheld. Price was no object. And, despite his involvement with organized crime, Eddie tried to teach him right from wrong. Eddie wanted his son to be a better man than he was. Yet with all his wealth and influence, there were two things he couldn’t give his son; he couldn’t pass on a good name and a good example. Finally Eddie reached a difficult decision. Easy Eddie wanted to rectify wrongs he had done. He decided he would go to the authorities and tell the truth about Al Capone, he would clean up his tarnished name and offer son some semblance of integrity. To do this, he would have to testify against the mob, and he knew that the cost would be great. So, he testified. Within a year, Eddie’s life ended in a blaze of gunfire on a lonely Chicago street.
Now if you read this you are probably wondering why I posted this and maybe what happened to Eddie’s son. If you want to find out go to the link below.

http://www.acepilots.com/usn_ohare.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"IceFrog" Image
The past is the prelude to the future
“Indecision is the key to flexibily”
Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:14 am

Cool story...

Just shows everyone does look up to their parents ;)

Skipper
"Nothing in Life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill