Team match, Sunday!!

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
AKA_MoGas
Beginner

Post by AKA_MoGas » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:49 am

Just a heads up. The AKA might not have enough players for the match, will not know till sunday. If we do not have enough players we will have to wait till a later time. But i will be on HL just to see whos shows up.
AKA_MoGas
Beginner

Post by AKA_MoGas » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:54 am

Well Mike, you wanna try again next sunday. Will we fly the match on the SnoopBaron server, that was a nice server. Let me know. S!
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:04 am

This may or may not be a good idea. Y'all decide but I'll toss it out there.

When I played a LOT of STARSIEGE, we had invitational matches. If one squad didn't have enough players and the other team had a surplus, we just evened up the teams and went at it.

Fun was had by all. :D

MoGas, whereabouts in TX are ya'?

Willie
in Cowtown.
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:19 am

Thats pretty much what happened Willie.

You would have enjoyed it M8 I'm sure. Snoop put up a machine match between the P51D and FW190D..... your favourite :D

And thanks Mo and Big10 for joining us. It was a pleasure to fly with you both ^:)
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:35 am

Well I had good fun lastnight, cheers snoop. Thats the first time ive really had a good go with the FW and really enjoyed it. I look forward to next sunday already :)

P.S Thanks for turning up MO and Big10 im sure the guys will agree your more than welcome to join us anytime its always a pleasure to fly with you boys.
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:27 pm

I had a lot of fun flying with Mo and Big10 :D I'm glad you guys had a good time :D

I have my server setup for 20 players. I can host with more but I haven't tested it. It sounds to me that 10 on each side will be enough. The server does have a ping limit (don't recall what I have it set to) but it looks like Mo had no problems at all and things went smoothly.

For our first match I recommend we pick one plane and use the same plane for both sides. This will keep things simple for our first match and put the focus on the pilots and team tactics. I'm up for any plane, but we should start with one that no one will feel uncomfortable with.

So any Sunday you guys are up for it let me know over teams speak and I'll setup the map for our match (takes just a few minutes).

s!
Snoop
AKA_MoGas
Beginner

Post by AKA_MoGas » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:18 am

S! Thats sounds fine to me Willie. Snoop i really dont know when we can get a match set up, until then when im around and not envolved in AKA activites, I will gladly fly with ya. I will keep u informed and when i know we have enough AKA, we can set up the match. I must say, i have always enjoyed flying with Mike and Gadje, and look foward to flying with some more :FI:. Meeting Mike and playing those wild dogfight maps has made this game fun again. I was about to get tired of this game, still knock the crap out'a my flight stick every now and then :oops:

Well Willie, if u go to the 2 big pines, hang a left at the drypond, pass the cow thats always standing ;) then go about 2 frog hops....... :o i'm about 20miles east of Tyler.

S!
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:11 am

Sounds good Mo :D I look forward to flying with you this Sunday :D Yeah I had a lot of fun on his wild dogfight maps :). Personally I get the most fun out of this game when I mix and match between more immersive/serious flying like our Wednesday night campaigns and fast action stuff like Rabbit :)

s!
Snoop
AKA_MoGas
Beginner

Post by AKA_MoGas » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:05 am

S!

Quick question, plane v plane is alright with the guys, some want to know about the icons. With the same planes there has got to be some kinda icons right, friendly only. Ok what kinda settings will we use , padlock, map icons, any other views, like outside plane view no cockpit. Some like the full real. Please bear with me. From my experinces flying with yall, I have assured the guys that the difficulty seeting yall use are just like what we use, but they wanna know ;) S!
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:30 am

Hi MO I can prob answer your question and if any the guys want to add im sure they will. I think the best setting for icons in this situation would be :

you will clearly see icons on all friendly. As for enemy they will have no icons. This is good in the fact that they can sneak without being seen and also you can identify friendly easily.

There would be no padlock and external views, all the guys from the squad prefer full real settings and dont see why it should be any different for a team match. I think the only other options I would like to see on would be, map path, speed bar and altitude.

Hope this helps MO
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:13 pm

Big question is.....what plane?

My feelings are nothing too uber, i.e not possessing one hit killing power. That way kills have to be worked for and the match might last more than 5min :)

Ok I'll throw up a few suggestions-

USA-

P40
P39(early no 37mm)
FM-2

USSR-

Early Yaks
MIG 3-U
Lagg-3 ser 4

BRIT-

Spit mrkV
Hurri IIb

GER-

Bf-109 F2(orF4)

JAPAN-

A6M-2
Ki-61Ko

All early-mid war I guess would be my suggestion.

In the end its up to Snoop though :D

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:09 am

Looks good Gadje, The aka are ok with it, but i may not be around this sunday, gone fishin. S!
AKA_MoGas
Beginner

Post by AKA_MoGas » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:38 am

Hello all, srry about last sunday. I flew just a little than just vanished :cry: That day i was up at 3:30am, went fishing and was just plain tired. Ok far as this team match, i dont know what else to do. I dont think we can have enough show up for a ture team match, but will keep after the guys. I do plan to fly with yall again when around, always fun. So until then, see ya later
S!
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:38 am

Cya next time m8, even if you can't get a full team online you are always welcome to join us :D I had a lot of fun flying with you guys!

s!
Snoop
AKA_MoGas
Beginner

Post by AKA_MoGas » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:33 am

Well I think we can scratch the idea of a team match, But i give it a "A" for effort. S!