BoB II Reviews

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

BoB II Reviews

Post by :FI:Fenian » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:59 am

Anyone got it yet?

I've heard it's a bit flat..... and the FM and gun sounds aren't great....

Anyone else heard anything?
_________

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
Norris_D
Baby Boardie

Post by Norris_D » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:11 am

HS from our squad said it isnt all hot at all
Hot Space

Post by Hot Space » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:08 pm

It is a cack also :shock:

http://hellsgazelles.proboards29.com/in ... 1125068980" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hot Space
Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:17 pm

but instead of lying tell the truth or she'll keep buying rubbish.

i hate those white lies ...

but at least we all agree, BoBII is a crap game, don't waste your time on it.
Chow Meow from Kitty Hawk!
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:22 pm

Rowan's BoB was the only game I ever returned to the store.

It was only ~$15-20.

It was not that Rowan's BoB was so bad,

(it was okay),

but that IL-2 was SO much better.

If BoB II gets average reviews

and the price is right,

then I may buy it.

I never learn.

Fal "doomed to repeat it" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:45 pm

Here's a more positive review from Seafire. Still there are CTD issues. Hopefully things will be better when they release it in North America - land of the real flight simmers! :D

http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/GMX%20BO ... ireliv.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Towards the end of the review -

"The graphics. Well, imho, FB is still king. the cockpits are nice, but no better than FB. Clouds and aircraft detail is very good. Ground detail is pretty bad . It appears FS2004 detail. You will find yourself missing the clarity of FBs ground at low height. But you do get 3D buildings and moving vehicles.

BOBwov needs a patch. It has some issues with CTDs (although I have mercifully suffered only one in 2 days of play), getting some joystick functions to stick (such as hat) and perhaps optimising the engine a little. Some complain of a `slowness` to the sim in some areas.

BoBwov is a game that really has great potential, but it might prove off-putting to new users if they try full-real settings. Try easier settings and work up unless you're a vet. I think the BOBwov real promise is in getting stuck in there and bringing out the delicious centre! lol. Just remember, I've only been on it like a day and a half.... Oh, yea, and you must try blackouts, it's very good."
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:09 pm

I have the game on pre-order so I'll review it as soon as it is out in the states :D

I've been keeping track of all the posts on this game. I think once they have the crash to desktop bug fixed and the strange performance problems that some are having it will be a great game. For those who it is running well, they are having a blast. It seems to have a lot of really cool little features to discover. I've seen positive comments on the AI making for intense fights, and a great immersive campaign.

They are working hard on a patch, and added another developer full time to help fix the problem.

s!
Snoop
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:46 pm

When you post your review Snoop, give some thought to folks like me who have no pedals or X-45 stuff. Be interested to see if I will need to upgrade.
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:59 pm

Rgr, m8 will do :)
Menace
Postmaster

Post by Menace » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:15 pm

Sorry guys, but anybody in Canada should go check out the store "The Source" (formerly known as Radio Shack, long story). They were cleaning out thier old stuff and I picked up a CH products throttle quadrant for twenty bucks. :shock: Only one was there, all dusty and lonesome, keep your eyes out mates when you are buying that co-axial splitter, or whatever people go to Radio/Source (?) for!

.... Radio Source?that sounds like some kind of space elf term, from that show where they fly around in that sombero with the salami's attached.
"Give me a full bottle in front of me, instead of a full frontal lobotomy!"
rpscottuk-spitthedog

Post by rpscottuk-spitthedog » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:22 am

If its anything even remotely like the original BOB I see it having a long and distinguised career in the £0.99 section of a certain internet auction site
Just pink and fluffy

Aha

Post by :FI:Fenian » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:55 pm

Well... that's it... I'm buying it...

:lol:
_________

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:40 pm

For those with BOBII:WOV there's some resources for this game over at Airwarfare - http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/GMX%20BOB/essentials.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:44 am

Snoop & Gadje (plus other interested mates) -

New patch for BOBII is out and the boys over at SimHQ are saying it really improves fps. \:D/

http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/bob ... _v2.02.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-----

Man this problem was the only thing holding me back. So busy with BF2, Historic Encounters, and trying to finish my offline IL-2 campaign (When Tigers Could Fly). Now Barbarian Invasion is out for R:TW and this other flight sim. Then there's that new CoD 2 plus Age of Empires III, and do I want to pick up a hockey title for the XBox this year? :-k And speaking of the XBox do I pick the XBox 360 up or wait and see about the PS3?

Not going to say it but . . . too many games not enough time. :lol:

I hate my lack of self-control. :D
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:11 pm

Yeah, thanks I'm going to install it this weekend. Things are looking good :D The last patch helped get rid of my CTD issues :D

s!
Snoop