Rabbit gone Mad

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:IceFrog
Forum Junky

Rabbit gone Mad

Post by :FI:IceFrog » Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:06 am

just got out of hyper battle with :F:Gadie,,,, what a wild ride, it was called rabbit chase or something like that, got shot down about six times by :F:Gadie,,,,,,,, :oops: ,,,,,,,,, it was a cockpit only view, man was my head spinning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, didn't really matter in this
do you guys fly with cockpit view only,,,,,, in the snow it's hard for me to find the runway
"IceFrog" Image
The past is the prelude to the future
“Indecision is the key to flexibily”
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:53 am

External view on occaision, depending on host/server/mision... same with icons. It would be very rare to see no cockpit.

G
I fear no beer

Forum Junky

Post by :FI:IceFrog » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:15 pm

:FI:Gurberly wrote:External view on occaision, depending on host/server/mision... same with icons. It would be very rare to see no cockpit.
G
ok, so when you are waiting in line for take off, how do you know when the plane in front takes off,,,,,, i can never see it :?:
"IceFrog" Image
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:19 pm

On cockpit-only servers...

...Apply a little bit of throttle to get rolling and kick in full rudder to one side (left if your prop rotates clockwise and vice versa). Your nose will start to swing. As soon as you can see the plane in front (or even just its wing), chop your throttle and apply your brakes to come to a halt. Now you can keep an eye on the planes in front and you'll know when it's your turn to take off.

You'll probably crash a few times before you get the knack of it - I know I did ;)
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:28 pm

:oops:

Hi Les didn't know it was you m8.

It was crazy stuff but I rate it highly for shooting and defensive manouvre practice.

9th Mikester and I were practicing airkills with rockets in IL2s when you joined :shock: :D :D . Not much you can do about it when one of those boys hits ya.

Hope to see you again and maybe chat on teamspeak next time. ^:)
:FI:McBiggles
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:35 pm

I say Les old boy, try a little rudder, a little power, till it moves, and watch for the wingtip of the plane in front of you to swing into view. Then you can watch his movement, swing back onto the centreline and off you go. Hope that's of some help mate. It works for me. Cheers.

McBiggles
Being Irish, he had an abiding sence of tragedy, which sustained him, through temporary periods of joy.
W.B. Yeats
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:IceFrog » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:08 am

:FI:Gadje wrote:Hope to see you again and maybe chat on teamspeak next time. ^:)
ok where was that post on how to get TS............ :oops:
"IceFrog" Image