Sapper going away for a while...

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Sapper going away for a while...

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sun May 15, 2005 9:39 pm

Just wanted to let you guys know, that i´m not around for the next couple of weeks. Tomorrow i´m gonna take part in this big combat drill which lasts ´till next saturday. However, when that is over, i´m going straight to the northern Finland, to take part on another, even bigger combat drill...

That´s been held near the town where i grew up, so after it´s finished, i´m gonna stick around for a few days, to visit my folks and see my frieds... And well, maybe have a pint or two, in a world´s northernmost irish pub :beer:

I do have acces to the internet while i´m out there in the woods, but i cant fly for a 2+ weeks, so i´ll catch you guys later!

Ps. Nice machine match we had this night... i really enjoyed it ;)

S!
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sun May 15, 2005 10:06 pm

OH dear,

Be sure and take your overshoes and your raincoat and your blanky and your pillow. Don't forget your towel and your toothbrush either. ;)

Don't take any wooden ammo either. :lol:

Have fun, enjoy and be careful.

Have a BUNCH of pints for us. :D
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sun May 15, 2005 10:10 pm

Be sure and take your overshoes and your raincoat and your blanky and your pillow. Don't forget your towel and your toothbrush either.
Hmmm, let´s see...

Portable bed... .check

Laptop with dvd-player... check

Coffee maker.... check

TV with a digibox.... check

GPS.... check

I think i´ll survive :lol:
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sun May 15, 2005 10:49 pm

Hmmm, let´s see...

Portable bed... .check

Laptop with dvd-player... check

Coffee maker.... check

TV with a digibox.... check

GPS.... check
:shock: YOU da MAN!! :lol:
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Sun May 15, 2005 11:14 pm

:lol: Yes it´s the modern army....
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon May 16, 2005 1:46 am

Sapper!

Practice well!

You NEVER know what HE'S thinking!

Fal "safe on the other side?" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Mon May 16, 2005 5:30 am

I hope the drills go well and you have a great time visiting the family :). I had a lot of fun today as well during the match. And enjoyed flying with you as always :D See you when you get back!

s!
Snoop
ps. Great kit :D
:FI:Igor
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Tue May 17, 2005 2:29 am

Sapper,
When i was in the Air Force, i loved exercises (drill). I was the squadron Exercise Evaluation Tean Chief, so i really didn't 'participate' other than generating senenarios and evaluating the troops responces. Great fun.
Best of luck in the north country, i bet its really nice (?) this time of year.

Igor
:FI:Igor

Post by Guest » Tue May 17, 2005 2:30 am

very interesting...ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat May 21, 2005 9:14 pm

Hello guys!

Just finished the first drill today, and since that second starts tomorrow, my battalion CO was kind enough to let me stay the night at home...
You NEVER know what HE'S thinking!

No Falc, you´ve got this threat-assesment all wrong, it´s the Swedish, Norwegians and Estonians that we are worried about :lol:
When i was in the Air Force, i loved exercises (drill). I was the squadron Exercise Evaluation Tean Chief, so i really didn't 'participate' other than generating senenarios and evaluating the troops responces. Great fun.
Best of luck in the north country, i bet its really nice (?) this time of year.
Well Igor, i dont also actually do anything (i mean, i dont participate the "war") Usually i work as an instructor for the officer candidate, who´s acting as a platoon leader... In this stage of their training, they pretty much know everything they should, about their job, so i just kinda observe.... Yes, northern finland is pretty nice this time of year... The sun never sets, so it´s bright daylight 24/7 8)
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Mon May 30, 2005 3:50 pm

I´m back!!

Finally....

Somebody from our defence deparment took a picture from me (without tellling me), and now it´s on the web page of Finnish defense forces...

only if i´d known that someone is photographing me, i wouldn´t have such a stupid expression on my face :? That´s how i look when i´m really concentrating on something... damn photographer :evil:

http://tietokannat.mil.fi/maavoimat_kuv ... &width=640" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon May 30, 2005 4:46 pm

Agree solider - get that tongue back in there. :D

So what are you doing, playing IL-2 on a large screen tv somewhere in the woods? ;)

TactS!
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Mon May 30, 2005 5:02 pm

:FI:Sapper-FIN wrote:Somebody from our defence deparment took a picture from me (without tellling me), and now it´s on the web page of Finnish defense forces...
"...IMplosion??!!"

:lol:
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon May 30, 2005 5:53 pm

geez Sapper!

here in the States

our game controllers are much smaller!

some are even wireless!!!

You guys need to import more stuff from China.

Fal "Walmart bytch" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Mon May 30, 2005 6:22 pm

Well.. here in scandinavia everything is bigger... even game controllers :lol:

Naw, it´s a control device for this 24 meter tall hydraulic radio mast:

http://tietokannat.mil.fi/maavoimat_kuv ... &width=640" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Agree solider - get that tongue back in there
Tact, You should se my face when i´m the middle of combat, in PF :lol: