Silent Hunter III - NEED HELP

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Ghost
Postmaster

Silent Hunter III - NEED HELP

Post by :FI:Ghost » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:44 pm

OK, I have a problem (don't we all you must be thinking now). Well, the nature of my problem is this. I've installed SH III today and when I run it, the game doesn't run smoothly, but instead in cuts off. Especially in bridge view. It's very, very annoying. Now, I have had it installed before, with all the same patches and mods that I have now and it ran smoothly, without any problem. The only difference between then and now is that my comp now has 1024MB of RAM more and that I have installed new display drivers. Has anyone had a problem like this? Can anyone tell me what to do?
*Bury me at sea where no murdered ghosts can haunt me, if I rock upon the waves then no corpse can lay upon me*
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:31 pm

Murphys Law dictates that if you have the best possible drivers installed for IL2 , then they'll be cr@p for SH, and vice versa.

Seriously though, I'd suspect the drivers. Seek an opinon from one of our SH gurus.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Ghost » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:04 pm

After I have reinstalled my display drivers some 10 times (the newest set, the set some 2 yrs old and and the set I got with my computer 3 and a half yrs ago) and restarted the game some 20 times with all possible combinations I have finally managed to get it work properly on the original set of drivers and particle density set to 60.. Damn, it took me more than 3 hours to do that.. Would anyone tell me that I am not crazy???
*Bury me at sea where no murdered ghosts can haunt me, if I rock upon the waves then no corpse can lay upon me*
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Ghost » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:26 pm

Damn, the problem keeps coming back... shiver me timbers....