let's see some firearms pics...

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Beowolff
Postmaster

let's see some firearms pics...

Post by Beowolff » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:55 am

yeah, we all like em, don't we?

:?

here's some of my collection...from my Western interest:

an 1892 Winchester carbine, a 1897 Winchester shotgun (i also have the WW1 Trench version with bayonet) and three various revolvers...a Colt, and a couple of Colt replicas. the hunting knife in the pic is a handmade Bowie from Germany... its sharp enough to shave with and has an exquiste balance...perfect for throwing but you wouldn't want to knick that fine stag handle now would you?

salute!

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:17 pm

:shock:

I LOVE those old '97's! The damn things have probly killed as many people accidently as they have on purpose though....... That dinky lil hammer leaves a bit to be desired when it's worn slick and you're tryin to let it down to half cock with one in the tube.. They're fun to play like a trombone as long as you don't blade the top of your thumb knuckle off.. (don't axe how I knows about dat ;) )

Had a "black Diamond" grade one time. Belonged to a deceased great uncle. He had a Cutts compensator put on it :roll: FFS!! I chopped it and made it look like yours and then it got stolen while I was in 'Nam. :( They also got my 32-20 Mod 92 SRC, a Browning Sweet 16, and a Browning Safari Grade 7MM Mag with the fanciest stock I've ever seen on a Safari grade.

Got some other stuff layin about. Nothing real exciting anymore.
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Very Sneaky

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:48 pm

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:30 pm

yes, the cellphone gun is sneaky... Sneaky. as is the ink pen gun, the pipe gun, the palm pistol, the cig lighter gun, the belt buckle revolver pistol, the fake sandwich pistol, the fake finger gun, the "backwards" firing gun (perhaps the sneakest of all---oh, i dropped my pistol, why don't you shoot me with it? ka-blooie!) the two shot binocular pistol (hey, take a look through these binoculars, will you? there ya go, now adjust it by turning that knob on top. ka-blooie, ka-blooie!) and of course, the dreaded potato revolver...or more commonly called, the spud or tater gun, the umbrella carbine, the walking stick carbine...etc, etc.

oh what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive.

8)

Beo
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Menace
Postmaster

Post by Menace » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:16 pm

Been thinking about getting my Restricted FAC and picking up a "plinker" handgun. Something pretty accurate and shoots cheap ammo. Possibly in 22 long. Any suggestions?
"Give me a full bottle in front of me, instead of a full frontal lobotomy!"
:FI:Igor
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:49 am

Menace,
I'd recommend a Ruger Mark II. We have a Mark II Standard in stainless, excellent pistol, well built, low maintenance, a little tricky to field strip (not bad once you know the trick), points good. Avoid poorly built firearms.

Igor da Well Armed Pacifist
Bauer
Baby Boardie

Post by Bauer » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:08 am

Inexpensive ammo is key. The first rifle I ever bought was a Ruger M77.257 from a friend of a friend. Excellent rifle, but I was dropping about $1 every time I pulled the trigger. Lesson learned.
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:52 pm

:shock: A buck a pop? FFS!!!

Makes re-loading seem attractive again. :lol:

Loves that .257 Roberts. DAMN good load for just about anything on the North American Continent. Don't think I'd try to warm up a "griz" with one though. ;)
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:56 am

here's some of my WW2 collection:

1928 Thompson, .45 caliber. M1 Carbine, .30 caliber carbine. SMLE Mark III, .303 caliber. 1911A1 Colt Automatic Pistol, .45 caliber. Webley revolver, .38 caliber Smith & Wesson Long.

missing is the other two carbines, the German weapons, the single French rifle, a couple of Garands...etc.

PS... the shotgun is a M1897 Winchester...the "TRENCH" version, also used in WW1.... it's not the same 12 ga. shotgun as shown in the very first post... note the bayonet lug on the barrel's end...also the heat shield/guard atop the barrel. it's a VERY heavy shotgun, and takes the Springfield or SMLE long bayonet on the end which makes it even HEAVIER. an awesome weapon. of all of them though, of course the Thompson is my fave.... the 20 round mag is in the pic, which i prefer because of the weight savings (the Tommy is HEAVY!) but i also have the 30 round mags and the 50 round drum....with the detachable handgrip foreend.

8)

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair
Bauer
Baby Boardie

Post by Bauer » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:20 am

I'd love to own a garand one day.

I'm a sucker for the history and the .30-06 8)
:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:53 am

Nice. I once got the chance to "waste" a few clip´s of ammo with a Thompson(made 1943, and still in the wrapping paper when it was found in a position abandoned by Kroatian militias...AND there was several boxes)
We kept one for our museum and the rest was chopped... :cry:

Still think I could have saved one more, and gotten it home...But it´s not me ;)

here is a link to "my" little collection....The Bomb is our museum/bar from Bosnia...It has been dismantled and brought to EOD school in Eksjö were it now server in the same way as before..

http://medlem.spray.se/the_bomb_bar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Click "vapen" to se the guns
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:10 pm

nice collection of guns...Rules... but WHAT? you guys chopped some Thompsons? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

oh my Lord!

Beo
Beowolff's Lair
:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:58 am

:lol: Well you have to take it out on former precident Bill "the ciggar" Clinton... Dayton peace talks and all that....

Sadly the guns were brand-new from original boxes and still had the thick coating of grease(name of grease eludes me for the moment) :cry:

As I remember there were some 20+ brand spanking new 1943 Thompson´s there, all in tiny peaces... :cry:
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:16 pm

Beo, nice collection, but geeezus, look at Rules!. Bomb Bar, EOD, OK now I get it. My collection is a bit unusual. I have a Moisan-Nagant 91/30, Swiss K31, Yugo M48, No 1 Mk 4 Enfield (you outa see what that does to turtles), Roth-Styr, Nagant M1895, Ruger Super Red Hawk (set up as a target pistol..no really) . I reload just about everything; you can't exactly get Swiss 7.5X55, Roth-Styr 8mm, or Nagant 7.62 ammo at Walmart..
Chopped us cosmolined Thompson's; its enough to make a guy cry. I did get to fire a Sten gun and M16 full auto once. The STEN was kinda neat; cost 8 dollars during the war, over two thousand now! When I was stationed in Korea, I had twentytwo M16's (sounds impressive...actually it means I had to keep twentytwo M16's clean and locked up!)

Igor
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:00 pm

i agree, pal... but Rules' is surely a "squad" collection... (?) not private? (sorry if I'm wrong, Rules!) and that's neat...but not the same as having them in your computer/gun room's closet to pull out and cap off a few any time you feel like it night and day. (lol!) :D

boy, that makes me sick about those Thompsons though... easily worth several thousand dollars a piece...not to mention the even greater HISTORICAL value of them being lost. sure, there's still a lot of Thompsons around...but not as many as they used to be...and getting LESS all the time as old guns wear out and become NON-shooters. such a waste. well, ole Bill don't care... he was too busy getting Monica on his desk in the oval office, eh?

:x

i'd like to get him in the sights of this bad boy .45!

Image yuck! yuck!

Beo

my webley! a nice shooter!
Beowolff's Lair