Something for Microsoft flight simulator fans

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Something for Microsoft flight simulator fans

Post by :FI:Macca » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:17 pm

looks amazing....

go here

and here.

I wish we had a WW2 combat sim with such graphics......

And they should add a new uber-hyper-supersonic PC to such game... with quad GF 7800 512 RAM each....

Macca =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~
ImageImageImage
Deadly107

Post by Deadly107 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:17 pm

I had not seen that before. It looks awsome and Im a big Flight Simulator fan so I cant wait until this one comes out.

Deadly
VFA-107 Sea Dragons
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:32 am

Hey Deadly!

Welcome to the sweetest spot on the tarmac.

Enjoy,

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Deadly107

Post by Deadly107 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:47 am

Thanks Falcon, I will definitely add this site to my favorites and check in every once in a while.

Deadly
VFA-107 Sea Dragons
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:52 am

VFA? :shock:

What happened to the NAVY? Used to be VF's and VA's!! Never the twain should mix!! Look down your nose at the fighter jocks!! Sneer at the air to mud guys!! :lol:

I know, the F-18 changed it all! :roll:

FYI, I was an AO2 in VA-82 when we had LTV A7-C's and E's..

Service in Viet Nam too with CAG 8 aboard the now defunct USS AMERICA CVA-66. Before they dropped the A for ATTACK and went to a more touchy feely friendly designation.. 8)

Welcome aboard.
Willie
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:31 am

See Deadly?

I TOLD you when we met over at the UBI forums that you'd get one of our venerable vets ta talkin'!

:D

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Deadly107

Post by Deadly107 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:41 am

Hi Wllie,

I know VFA is not from the WW2 era but we used to be the "107th Naval Command home of the VFA107 Sea Dragons" and we flew Jane's F/A-18. We even had a couple of real Marine Hornet drivers in our squadron. But with the death of Jane's F/A-18 and the jet sims in general I decided to switch us over to a WW2 group and didnt want to change the name to drasticaly (we had been flying Jane's F-15 and F/A-18 since 1997 or so) so I just kept it VFA-107. ...whooo... that was mouth full.
I bet you didnt intend to get a life story from such a simple question did you?...LOL

P.S.. Besides, since we fly both fighter and attack missions it descibes us pretty well even if its not historical.

Have a great day!
Deadly
VFA-107 Sea Dragons
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Somebody got Venerable Disease?

Post by :FI:Fenian » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:04 pm

:badgrin:

Sorry... couldnae resist....

I'll grow up eventually, if I can't help it.....

:oops:
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
Deadly107

Post by Deadly107 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:25 am

LOL.. you guys crack me up. :D

Deadly
VFA-107 Sea Dragons
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:44 pm

do not grow up, Fen!!!

Coz you would feel lonely in the Squad then.

One among strangers.

M
ImageImageImage
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:32 am

Some new screenies...

http://fsinsider.com/screenshots/default.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:58 pm

I no longer have any of the MS flight sims... but man, i remember them from wayyyy back!

i remember that i was SO excited when i got my first copy of MS flight sim number 4. whoa! was that something!

i raced home eagerly to install the game on my 386 Packard Hell (really packard bell, but you would have had to have one of the POS bastards to know where the hell came from) and eagerly booted her up.

gads but it wouldn't run! :(

like almost everything back then, the game ran in DOS and you had to make a boot disk to get more memory to run almost every game. and I HATED making boot disks! ga!

finally i got the boot disk made and inserted and rebooted into the game... oh man, the MS Flight Sim 4 logo came up and my heart was racing ninety miles an hour...this was so cool. i got into the actual game then and that neato slowly turning plane appeared in the plane selection section---oh man, this was it. THIS WAS IT! i was gonna fly the MOST realistic flight simulator known to man in about five seconds.

and i did. and it was great. i loved it. i loved it even more when after a few days (we were on prodigy back then) i read on one of the forums (it was all text forum boards then, NO pictures or ads at all anywhere!) that some guy at some site had the BAO plane design software that could actually MAKE new aircraft for the game. eventually i found his addy and went to his site and he had dozens of downloads there... yeah, he had a P-51 Mustang, a F-4U Corsair, a P-38 Lightning, and other war and commercial planes! OMG! i was in hog heaven! i must have stayed up all night downloading planes! (at those slow connection speeds, i think my modem was blazing fast at something like 9.2 kbps or some such shyte, it took hours to download even a 150k file) sigh, those were the days.

i downloaded all of those planes and then discovered that his planes were made for FS3---they wouldn't work with FS4! ga! :(

a month later though and somebody (BAO I think) made a convertor and then---i really was in hog heaven!

by the way, BAO corporation was eventually brain-sucked and bought out by microsoft---from that point on they turned out shyte. figures.

those were mother beautiful sims, even back then though, and i loved them. i kept up with the FS series through FS6 or 7, but after that, i got too involved in pure combat sims and never went back...but i remember them as sort of like a first love...with the rosey glow of good memories everytime i think of them.

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;