Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:52 am

shhhhh Helo!!!!!

remember ...

what happens in London,

STAYS in London.

;)

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

S'OK!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:27 pm

I trashed the original postcard I was gonna send the missus! Good thinking on my part. :)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

21 Oct 07

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:44 am

Folks!

Here´re the recordings of my Bengasi 1941 DF, this dude´s Wake COOP and Gadje´s 6vs6 110/Mossie COOP missions. Get the 49 MB sized recordings here* and enjoy them, folks! :D

^:)

* not available
Last edited by :FI:Genosse on Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Post Maniac General

Screenies have been uploaded!

Post by :FI:Genosse » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:37 pm

Enjoy them, folks! :D

Image Image
Post Maniac General

28 Oct 07

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:29 am

Folks!

Here´re the recordings of Gadje´s Vichy France vs USAAF/USN DF and his 6vs6 Hurri/109 COOP missions. Get the 25 MB sized recordings here* and enjoy them, folks! :D

* not available
Last edited by :FI:Genosse on Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:16 pm

Gah!

I might be imagining stuff again ...

like the wee green camel that lives in the corner of my cupboard

and the two pixies that steal my socks

and that darn alien that keeps parking his intergalactic Volvo in my spot

and ... well never mind

but I watched the first recording last night and my bombs disappeared from under me when I pressed the pickle of my Pe-2 and never hit the ground. I remember looking back at the time and seeing no explosions.

I made two passes over those landing craft and never hit anything with 2000# of flippin' bombs.

Yeah, o-kay I suck, but it looked kinna wierd.

Moe's Pe-2 seemed to hang onto his bombs and I never saw any explosions under him either.

It might just be crappy recordings (ak, Olegs fault, not Gens) or maybe I need to clean the cat hair out of my eyes.

Anyone notice anything strange in that vein yesterday?

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Hmmmm...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:17 pm

...I wondered why my 3000lbs of bombs never took out the AAA in the Delta. :roll:
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:29 pm

Could have been my connection guys, as it was pretty unstable. I dropped the connection down to 14.4k but didn't help much.

Sorry for what was a bit of a damp squib yesterday :oops:

I think the mission is potentially really interesting but the features of Olegs respawning baffles me and the AAA spoiled things badly. Also it was two big for the numbers who flew.

I dont want to waste the work I put into it and the effort you boys made installing skins and I will try and fix it. Perhaps if we can only get 10-12 it would be better to make some co-ops using the same scenario .....co-ops dont have the dogfight respawn problem.

Apologies again.

Gad<mustdobetter>je :roll:
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:50 pm

Hey Graham

Don't be so hard on yourself mate, I enjoyed flying around that map at walking pace in my faux Piper Cub - I even found the blue base by the oasis just before we finished and switched to the 6v6 dogfight :lol:

The map certainly has good potential but maybe we need to use a coop style rather than a DF. I think you can tweak the time taken to respawn ground objects on a DF map which might get around the problem if you were to make it to the longest setting. Only think I would say is that on a map that large for a DF server it might be helpful to have the action more concentrated and bases closer together as I flew on that map for well over an hour and didn't see another plane - well apart from when Conrad ran into me on the carrier flight deck :lol:

If you want to e-mail me the map I could have a go at writing a few Operation Torch coops on it?

Cheers

Nellip
Olegs stalker

The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:39 pm

Thanks Neil.

Co-ops the answer but I would like to try it myself although that doesn't mean you can't too. I will email it to you when I get back.

Original idea was for Co-ops for all the Froggy stuff but with the squadron tailing off in interest in IL-2 I felt it was too much work and reduced my precious flying time :p .
But with two maps done (Torch and France 1940) this is not so true and the sound mod seems to be stimulating interest again :D

The final map (2nd in time-line) is 'The Alpine Front' when the French were attacked by Mussilini's Italy when he entered the war.

The mountain map is small so a DF will work too sans unkillable AAA.
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:40 pm

OK mate look forward to receiving the map.

I have started to write a coop mission based on the Me210 (inspired by the skin from Falcon) using the Murmansk summer map - basic scenario is a convoy has arrived at Murmansk with war materials and they are being moved out by road and rail. Luftwaffe have to take out the ground targets and VVS try and stop them.

Early days yet but might be ready for Sunday.
Olegs stalker

The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:21 am

The mods really seem to be getting the mission-builders juices going 8)

I just noticed last night when I opened the Vichy df mission I sent you all the objects apart from the 'objects' had gone ?

I think it might be those additional lines Gen sent? I'll look into it tonight.
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:31 pm

OK, no problem.

Me210 mission is basically done bar the briefings - ground targets in and around Murmansk for blue to attack - low level in Me210's and high altitude bombing in He111's, with Fw190 A4's for fighter cover.

Red will have some La5's for CAP over the harbour area and there is a ground attack mission for IL2's on a blue airfield.

Need to do some more testing and write the mission briefs but hopefully I will get it finished for Sunday :D
Olegs stalker

The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:22 am

I have also nearly completed the first of three Vichy co-ops (no more flack respawn!), which will be ready on Sunday too. There will be plenty direct contact in this one :badgrin:
So plenty to choose from for Sunday:)
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:08 pm

... and also ready~ish for Sunday ...

for Gadje's Vichy co-ops a new historic Hawk skin,

for Nellip's mission a new 210 FI skin,

and a not-so-new but historic La-5/7 skin.

All personalized if you get your order in before Sunday.

Falcon