Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:49 pm

Gah!

Sully is a guy!

Elves are just kinna delicate-lookin'.

One of the mods gets rid of under fings.

Want me to pass on some juicy shots (of girls Tac!) ...

while you're waiting a month/year or so for that first "official 360 patch?

~~~

Yeah, the fast travel thing is neat. I usually don't use it but darn it some of those quests ask you to go to all four corners and travel IS dangerous.

~~~

No spoilers ...

last night's adventure was a blast. Right at the end I was betrayed and everyone around me went hostile. Well, if things turn hopeless just run ... right? Nope. Those buggers will follow you through doors and out caves and across flippin' rivers!!! After a chase of a mile or so, with .000001 hit point left I found a hiding place in a stable. Funny thing was that later a "friendly" Orc at a tavern asked if I had stepped in something.

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:29 pm

Brillant stuff mate! :lol: But Sully is a guy? :oops: Delicate, gottcha.

I believe there was no fast travel in Morrowind, right Falcon? I enjoy using it when focusing on the main quest. I suppose in between them I will do some travelling on my own.

Do you own a house yet?

And a Xbox 360 patch coming in a year? Already?! So soon mate? ;)

Tactical - "I'm reporting you to Mr. Gates" [-( - S!
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:23 pm

Money has always been a wee bit tight, Tac.

There are too many lock picks to buy and recharging the magical weapons is VERY expensive,

but I think I'll start shopping around for a homestead in a few days;

one with a Walmart near by ...

and good schools.

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:21 am

Man this RPG sounds really awesome :D I haven't played an RPG in so many years. I wish I had more time!!

Snoop
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

It only gets better!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:09 am

Tact:
But I'm completely new to The Elder Scrolls so I suppose none of this stuff is new to the veterans of the series.
Actually, judging by the screen shots, Oblivion is another grand step up the TES ladder!

I still enjoy the sky in Morrowind, especially at night if the moons are out!

Are the atmospheric and celedtial FX that much better as well?

And back to the "Friends List" thingie...................................

Are you saying TES: Oblivion is Multiplayer Enabled?????????
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:13 pm

Now I wouldn't have taken you for a RPG person Dan. Interesting. :-k

As for multiplayer, no mate didn't mean to confuse you there. It is strictly offline with decent (great?) so-called radiant AI. Would be grand to have the series eventually go online (while keeping an offline game/mode) as folks could group up and fight together. "Hey, there's Falcon all by himself, why don't the 10 of us go over and 'talk' to the lad about giving all his stuff to us." :badgrin:

Tactical - "10 against 1 my kind of odds" - S!
Full Metal Ferret

Re: It only gets better!

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:41 pm

:FI:Heloego wrote:... especially at night if the moons are out!

Are the atmospheric and celedtial FX that much better as well?...

Whoa!

The moons and the stars and the sky are uber kool!

There is a quest where you must wait for the sun to align with a tower and when that happens the XXXX is XXXXXX XXXX in an XXXXXX!

The neatest effect occurs when an XXXXXXXX XXXX opens and the sky above XXXXX and a XXXXXXXXXXXX begins. XXXXXXXX and a XXXXXXXXXX starts.

Spooky!

Fal "Can handle (or run away from) ten guys, no problem" con

EDITED BY THE BETHESDA SPOILER ALERT COMMISSION

:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:00 pm

Helo check out the download section of the game's website at http://www.elderscrolls.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and download the video 'Chapter 5' which shows off the Radiant AI...

...it features our hero out schmoozing in a shop when the shop owner asks him to accompany her to her room as she is 'afraid', so, he duly obliges. Once upstairs, and just as the hero is rubbing his hands together in anticipation, the store owner decides of her own accord, seeing as it is late in the day, that she wants to have a lie down, which she does. However, her dog is still awake and barking, keeping her up, so she gets out of bed, casts a paralyze spell on the poor wretch, and goes back to get some sleep, none of which is scripted.

I was riding out in the countryside last night approaching the town of Kvatch, just taking it easy and picking some of the local florae and faunae for use in my, uh, completely legal potions, when an arrow flew out of nowhere and stuck into the horse's saddle injuring neither myself nor my trusty steed. I dismounted to investigate and saw a small camp in the woodland nearby with two bandits preparing to make an attack but just at that very moment, and by pure coincidence, on of the local Imperial Guards happened to be patrolling that very stretch of road on horseback, saw what was going on, weighed up who was to blame in this little dispute (they were! they attacked first!) and proceeded to administer pursuasive force to the point of death on the two miscreants. He then inspected their corpses, took their weapons, and went about his day.

Buy this game, now.
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:46 pm

Indeed Moog, these situations just don't happen every day. Well, maybe once in a while but not every day. :D

Great story! YOU guys have a problem. I would say more but I need to get back to Oblivion. ;)
Bauer
Baby Boardie

Post by Bauer » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:19 pm

I was never really into RPGs. In fact, I've lost more than one roommate to the dirty little genre, the poor bastards. Hearing all these great reviews I'm tempted to drop the prejudice and scour the cushions for loose change. :-k
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:46 am

Bauer wrote:I was never really into RPGs. In fact, I've lost more than one roommate to the dirty little genre, the poor bastards. Hearing all these great reviews I'm tempted to drop the prejudice and scour the cushions for loose change. :-k
Run away my friend. Awful game. I wouldn't recommend picking this up if one has any resemblance of a real life outside of gaming. :-$ Sadly I bet you are thinking this is a joke.
Post Maniac General

Xbox 360 Oblivion Theme

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:51 am

One of the neat features of the new Xbox 360 console is the ability to have themes for the various panels (windows) used to navigate in the OS. Pictured below are a couple quick photos of two of my panels. Can someone say "Oblivion"? :D

You may have noticed that it keeps track of games played and the unlocked achievements in these games to create one's Gamerscore, which is just for bragging rights I guess.

TS!
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

One of my favorite scenes so far...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:17 am

...is when he picks up the hitchiking chick, puts the moves on her, than gets the barrel of a .38 stuck in his nose! :lol:

Gotta tell ya, I....

Wait a sec! Wrong game. That was the original Seymour Butts! (Too bad that one wasn't multi-player!)

Anyway, as soon as I do the necessary upgrades I'll definitely be getting Oblivion.

You are such teases!!!!!
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:18 am

Bauer wrote:I was never really into RPGs. In fact, I've lost more than one roommate to the dirty little genre, the poor bastards. Hearing all these great reviews I'm tempted to drop the prejudice and scour the cushions for loose change. :-k
I avoided RPGs with full force for fear I might 'turn into one of them' but after picking up Morrowind two weeks ago in a sale, and looking at the Oblivion movies, I knew that any stigma I'd attached to them was purely in my own head.

This game seems to satisfy all those hardcore RPGers - God bless 'em - but for me it offers a massive, open-ended, freelance world, pure escapism, and that's what I've always looked for in a great game. And this is a great game. Too bad my wallet is probably about to get a lot lighter as I scoop together that upgrade money so I can enjoy Pixel Shader 3.0 and HDR Lighting... ;)

...and Helo, I've seen a few Seymour Butts movies but I ain't never seen him get a .38 shoved in his face. Although now that I think about it, I think I did once see him point a heavy-calibre weapon in some hitchiker chick's face... :shock: :badgrin:
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
Post Maniac General

Re: One of my favorite scenes so far...

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:13 pm

:FI:Heloego wrote: You are such teases!!!!!
^:)
Without peer pressure one would be left to his own good decision making mate. Where's the fun in that? :D

---

I understand my nVIDIA card (6800) is recommended for this game Moog. Is that your target or the newer 7800 card?

TS!