Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Ege
Professional Boardie

Post by Ege » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:14 pm

Then again, it could be a bug.
It was, becouse everything worked properly before i saved and quit.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:38 pm

Any of you girls

ever have the same problem?

Falcette

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:42 pm

Awwwww ... they're just being friendly ;)

G
I fear no beer

:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Odd.

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:59 am

There was sheep in Hexen that kept doing that to me. :oops:
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:12 pm

How often do you guys bath? I mean in Oblivion 'cause in RL I know it is really not enough. :badgrin:
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:15 pm

Whats that got to do with Oblivion?

:FI:Stinky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:00 pm

:FI:Sneaky_Russian wrote:Whats that got to do with Oblivion?

:FI:Stinky_Russian
'cause it appears that animals keep coming up to their characters for a sniff. Thinking bad body odor. ;)
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:19 pm

Are you saying the German Shepherds are overmodelled?

( that dog is a dead ringer for my house-guest of a few weeks back )
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:21 pm

No saying Helo and Falcon must smell! :lol:

Anyway give us your review of the game Helo. [-o<
Post Maniac General

I...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:16 pm

...resemble that remark!!! :oops:
:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:29 pm

:FI:Snaphoo wrote:
...Morrowind (and Add-ons) wishes it had an on-line mode!!!!!!!
That is precisely the reason why I haven't bought Morrowind to this point. And probably why I will not buy Morrowind in the future...

It looks great, but without an online/multiplayer mode (co-op preferred), I don't see the point in playing. I will keep an eye on this one, as I have the other Morrowind project, I might even try it when it comes to the bargain bin.

The only non-online RPG that I've played to date and had any fun at all was KOTOR... And I got bored with that when I went to play it a second time.

*shrug* I guess I just have a short attention spa... ooh shiny!
Err... yeah... :oops: It only took however long since Oblivion came out, but I've now purchased this piece of software and I'm enjoying myself immensely... Coupla things though that I can't seem to find answers for:

I've gotten to the point with 2 separate characters that A) the game tells me I should meditate on what I've learned. Where should I do that? Right there in Oblivion?

Which brings me to the next question, should I go directly to Kvatch to end the seige-thing happenening there? I'm thinking no, as that's where I keep dying... but the people are all so adamant that I go there "and waste no time"...

I hope I didn't spoil anything for anyone... Just a lonely nightblade looking to make his way in the world. :D
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
Ege
Professional Boardie

Post by Ege » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:48 pm

:FI:Snaphoo wrote:
I've gotten to the point with 2 separate characters that A) the game tells me I should meditate on what I've learned. Where should I do that? Right there in Oblivion?

Which brings me to the next question, should I go directly to Kvatch to end the seige-thing happenening there? I'm thinking no, as that's where I keep dying... but the people are all so adamant that I go there "and waste no time"...
To meditate = to sleep. Sleep anywhere and you will level up. And no, you do not have to end siege of kvatch as soon as possible. It does not matter when you choose to do it.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:03 pm

Congrats on your purchase of this game! I do think it is very well done. My advice Snaphoo, which a more wise and experienced RPG gamer named Falcon said earlier, is take your time and enjoy it all mate. Don't rush the Main Quest, join the Guilds, explore the 100s of mines, forts, and dungeons in this game. The addons are also great, especially for levelling up mate.

Ege already answered your questions, except I thought the best place to mediate was sitting on the "john" in the bathroom? ;) Seriously, as you probably know two things are going on with your character. He's progressing in overall levels, but also he's levelling up individual traits and skills. So when you have progressed to a higher level in a particular trait/skill (see manual) you are asked to mediate (sleep) and the benefits of that new level then become available to you.

You also know that you only have to sleep for one hour, right? Also, and perhaps this sounds cheesy, but lately I have been concentrating certain skills by conjuring up my friendly units and then "practicing" on them. Hand to hand, blocking and so forth. Once you get your traits/skills at 100%, you can then exceed them beyond with enchanted armour/weapons/jewelry. Most of my major stuff is presently at 110%.

Enjoy the adventure not just the destination mate!

Regards,
TS!
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:25 pm

I thought that the only place to meditate or sleep was in a cot or bed. You can "wait" anywhere though.

My first time through this real adventu ... uh, I mean little game I went to Kvatch right when I was told to go like a good little Elf. Yep, it was tough. Just take your time in the quests. If you're level 2, everything else (almost) is level 2 too. However, at a higher level you will have more endurance and better gear.

My second game I have been playing for a while and I'm level 22 or so. I haven't gone near Waynan(?) Priory yet. There are no portals, very few demons and there's no hurry, but there is still a full and exciting world out there doing the guild quests.

I'm running at least 30-40 mods. It makes the game a whole new experience.

Falcon

PS: Oh! I almost forgot. One of the WIP mods is a multi-player version. Don't ask me how. Read about it in the forums here:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... lti-player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

appropriately designed by "The Ferret"!

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Post Maniac General

I'm only...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:01 pm

...a Level 5 so far (late start), and made the mistake of going to the Weynan Priory like a good Nord Crusader.

Well, by the time I got to Kvatch the portal was open, scamps vicious, and town in flames. Entered the portal to see what was for dinner, and it was me!

:lol:

I'll just poke around the Ayleid ruins and wells, and the old forts for a bit, ok?

At least I'll increase my Majika and Major Skills before I get taosted again!

(BTW, I swear I saw a horse trying to climb the Imperial City wall the first time I left the city! )