Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed May 17, 2006 4:28 am

:lol:

Well heck!

With 4000 flippin' posts,

I gotta do a good one once in a while!

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed May 17, 2006 1:05 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote::lol:

Well heck!

With 4000 flippin' posts,

I gotta do a good one once in a while!

F
Shameless use of a post to add to your total. [-(
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed May 17, 2006 1:06 pm

Man I still can't believe it.
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Wed May 17, 2006 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed May 17, 2006 1:07 pm

At least my posts are like really, really long. I should get some sort of multiplier applied to my post counter. :D
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed May 17, 2006 1:15 pm

Ok I grabbed some more posts from that outburst. ;)

--

Battle for Middle Earth 2? Yes I picked it up for Matthew (son) a few weeks ago. Much better game than the original RTS. Still not something I like (TacticalS! thinks about RTW and upcoming MTW 2), but very nice looking with some interesting strategy.

However, just like the original, and after much, MUCH troubleshooting, re-installing, tweaking, etc with all the patches I do find this a buggy game. At first it would always crash at the very beginning when loading the intro video. Now Matthew can play it but oddly enough only on his sister's Windows XP (Home) account - his, mine or his mother's XP accounts won't run the game, even though we all have Administor accounts.

Also, seems like if he mounts a horse with one of the characters (Men of the West) the game crashes. It will also crash for a specific map (can't remember which one now). We have re-installed the game twice now. And this account thing happened to us with BFME 1. All the patches have been applied too.

Anyway he is enjoying the game despite all this. Dad's hair has grown back, mostly, as he awaits more patches for this buggy game.

TS!
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Wed May 17, 2006 2:40 pm

:FI:TacticalS! wrote:.... if he mounts a horse with one of the characters....
:shock: :shock:

I'm not surprised it crashes! I wouldn't be surprised if the horse bucked around too!

G
I fear no beer

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed May 17, 2006 4:53 pm

#-o

Aye the British. :roll: ;)
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Thu May 18, 2006 9:12 pm

Yes I thought the evil guys were the enemy but no, its the bugs.. perhaps they're evilly summoned bugs from the Big S dude...
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Thu May 18, 2006 9:16 pm

Meanwhile...

hmmm how odd I thought... I wonder if I can...

Dead people are fun!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri May 19, 2006 1:39 pm

Ok approaching Level 21 and really liking the variety and changes to enemies. Got lots of money (no cheats either), and that nice armour from being Grand Champion in the Arena. Want to go back and fight them there beasts soon. Still have one (I think) Gate to close for the "Aid for Burma" mission, plus Martin wants me for another task (man he's lazy). I pretty much only use my Elf Long Sword. Hate the bow. Even with an enchanted one it takes WAY TOO LONG to bring an enemy to his/her knees. Might pick up the horse armour soon (Xbox Live Points - $$) as I have had 3-4 horses be killed on me. I get a kick out of moving things around. Still a beautiful game. Was watching the sunset over a lake the other day. =P~

TS!
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri May 19, 2006 5:10 pm

Some may be experiencing bad hair days in the game.

Here's a mod, (I have no idea if it works), that should take care of this problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=442471" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Falcelf

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Sat May 20, 2006 7:10 pm

"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat May 20, 2006 7:20 pm

:lol: :shock: :sheep: 8-[ :lol:

~~~

Dis iz one freaky game dis iz ...

F

:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Just bought it today.

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue May 23, 2006 3:37 am

"Collectors' Edition"

Wonder if the Septim will work in the pop machine at the airport. ;)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue May 23, 2006 3:44 am

Ok here I thought you wanted to improve your IL-2 experience with all that computer upgrading. :roll: ;)

Great show Dan! But as you can see from certain pics posted in this thread, stay away from those PC mods. :lol:

---

Actually over the long weekend I finished the main quest. Yes all the gates are now closed. \:D/ My Imperial character is Level 26, my ride is that white unicorn, and I recently bought my "retirement" house (as per one of the quests).

Game over? Actually even if it were money very well spent. This game has really impressed me. But no. I plan on returning to the Arena as its Grand Champion in order to make enough $$ to completely furnish my house. In less then 2 weeks my special armour for saving the empire will be given to me, plus I haven't even touch any of the Guilds (though I am a member of most of them). Still lots to do before the addons come out for Xbox 360 (and PC). I can see this game lasting a long time for me.

TS!