How stupid can a man be?

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:22 pm

Man, it was raining so much today, that i didn´t dare to take the camera with me, into the mast... Oh well, maybe next week... So that i´ve got the proof, that i´ve actually been there :lol:
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Igor
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:42 am

Sapper,
60 meters, yep, thats up there. I climb (ocassionally) on my job, but only around 15 meters and you better believe i use all the climbing safety equipment.. I'm pretty brave with my climbing equipment,,,until the tower starts moving the slightest bit,,,then i'm shaking in my boots!
When i was stationed in Korea we had a 400 foot LORAN tower, but we had a special team come in to do the climbing. We'd usually send a camera up with them to get areial photos of the site. Upon examining one photo we discovered the crazy sum beaches were standing on top of the tower (a one square meter plate) straddling the obstruction light...no climbing gear!.

Igor
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Ouch!

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:31 pm

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:05 pm

:shock:

I bet he got a bad score from the French judge.
Last edited by :FI:Falcon on Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:40 pm

Did the skydiving thing a couple years ago. If we'd have had to jump at 5000ft or less, I wouldn't have been able to it, you could still see stuff, you were really high, but could pick out the car driving by, the people on the ground. You had a sense of how high you were. We jumped from 13,000ft, that was easier, there were no objects on the ground just the ground, no relation to how high you were. That first step was still a bitch, but man what a rush.

I actually think climbing up and down the tower would be scarrier!

Noter
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:08 pm

Did the skydiving thing a couple years ago...
Noter
???

What was wrong with the plane?

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:09 pm

Noter,
I did some 'skydiving' about thirty years ago. Did six jumps, all static line, only had two accidents. I bought a hanger door..no really, i bought the door! On the other accident...well...you know when your on the ground, in your harness, you're kinda bent over because evevy thing is so snug? Well..my rig wasn't so snug...until my chute opened.....then it got snug...real fast! Thought i had perminently terminated my love life!

Igor da 'Fearless as long as we got altitude and my static line clip to the plane'
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:16 pm

Well..my rig wasn't so snug...until my chute opened.....then it got snug...real fast!
Oh yeah, I remember that. You could loosen it up, but I was petrified to touch any straps. I could just see myself go to loosen the strap and hit the release toggle or something, just plummet while the chute and intstructor just float down (it was a tandem jump). I took the pain instead of the chance of a death plunge, ouch.

Noter