Empire at war

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:08 am

Well!

When my new 'puter comes I'll first play about

eleventy-b'zillion hours of "IL2" and then I'll get "COD2"

and play that all day for a few weeks

and then get "Civilization IV" or whatever the number is now

and play ONE MORE TURN on that for 24 hours a day for a month or so

and then, when the divorce comes through

I'll buy "Lock-On, the Propellery Version" during the spring

and for the second quarter of '06 I'll get that sub thingie and ...

gah! you're right!

not enough time!

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:27 am

:lol:
:FI:Dex
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Dex » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:16 pm

Right I played the demo of Empire at War and although it looks impressive I am not convinced by the control system. This could be down to the limitations of the demo however so maybe I'll reserve my judgement until it comes out.

UNTIL WHICH TIME I will occupy myself with the Homeworld 2 STAR WARS MOD!

Yeeeeeeaaaaiiiiieeeeeeeeeee

Here are a few screenies:-

http://www.lucasfiles.com/screenshots/462638.jpg

http://www.lucasfiles.com/screenshots/542832.jpg

And my personal favourite:-

http://www.lucasfiles.com/screenshots/529942.jpg

Just about to play this so I'll keep you guys posted.

By the way the Homeworld series is one of the finest games I have ever played a joy to watch and play..

Phew..That was a long one for me..

:lol:

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:18 am

If you liked that, try Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.

It's like homeworld, only with a persistant fleet experience system, firing arcs and vessel customization. Used to be mulitplayer too, but they brought thier connection service down due to lack of intrest. The single player campaign is a ripping space yarn though. It goes from 2001 A Space Oddessy tech right up to Star Wars! You are in for a real treat when you first kick in the interplanetary drive. It's one of the best "warping away" effect's i've ever seen. Unfortunately the learning curve is a little steep. But it's one of the prettiest space sim's out there. Just wait until you Energy Bomb somebody and the whole screen goes up in an explosion that would put the Death Star cooking off to shame! But holy crap the frustration you'll experience when you realise that your ship isn't shooting because the weapons are on the wrong side! And the power management for individual ships is something like there was in the Starfleet Command series.
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:50 am

Hey, uh guest ...

Nexus souds cool.

I enjoyed Starfleet Command. It was a wee bit disappointing but still good. I guess my expectations were too high. I played the ooooold table version in the '70's. If Oblivion isn't released in March, I'll get Galactic Civilizations II to pass the time.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:09 pm

Did you ever get Civilization IV Falcon? Seen a lot of great reviews. Never played any in this series. With Medieval Total War 2 coming not sure if I would really have time to spend with it, still playing Barbarian Invasion.

Lovely and very long strategy gaming sessions. My son is interested in this Star Wars RTS, and very interested in the better Battle for Middle Earth 2 game coming.

TS!
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:06 pm

:FI:TacticalS! wrote:Did you ever get Civilization IV Falcon? ...

Oh yeah. Got it, played it, put it away.

Don't get the wrong idea, it was great. I played four giant campaigns from sharp stick to noo'kler combat toe t'toe with the Aztecs.

But, that's enough. Too much life lost. Totally missed Cheney shoot someone. Too much other good stuff out there.

Did I ever tell you I had a job interview with Dick? He wanted a pilot to fly in and out of ... well nevermind where. He didn't like me. I suppose that's a good thing.

F
Last edited by :FI:Falcon on Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:27 pm

Not sure if I would like the combat in Civ4, but the empire building appeals to me. Who's Dick? :D You itching to pilot again Falcon? Cool as long as you don't stop skinning and stuff. ;)

TS!
:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:40 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:
:FI:TacticalS! wrote:Did you ever get Civilization IV Falcon? ...

Oh yeah. Got it, played it, put it away.

Don't get the wrong idea, it was great. I played four giant campaigns from sharp stick to noo'kler combat toe t'toe with the Aztecs.

But, that's enough. Too much life lost. Totally missed Cheney shoot someone. Too much other good stuff out there.

Did I ever tell you I had a job interview with Dick? He wanted a pilot to fly in and out of ... well nevermind where. He didn't like me. I suppose that's a good thing.

F
As long as he didn't want you to pilot him to a hunting weekend or something...

:badgrin:
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
Menace
Postmaster

I'm an Idiot

Post by Menace » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:25 am

Sorry, "GUEST" Was me. :oops:

Does anybody have a copy of SFC2:Empires at war kicking around? I'd love to buy it off you!

With the hi-res packs it's a pretty neat game, not to mention very fun.
"Give me a full bottle in front of me, instead of a full frontal lobotomy!"