Battlefield 1942 or BF 2 discussions !!

Everything that got nothing to do with games we play ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:32 pm

Thanks Sapper! :p
Post Maniac General

Flying Machines

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:35 am

Well tonight I took the time to setup my joystick to use in Battlefield 2. Must say it makes it a WHOLE lot easier. \:D/ While I still need a lot more practice, just lovin' the helicopters! Man they are fun.

Was in a non-rank server tonight where most folks were also practicing their flying.

Successful carrier take-off . . .

and approaching the mainland,

perfect landing! If only I had been carrying troops. :?

Regards,
TactS!
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:41 am

Nice pics Tact!

I tried to set up my joystick, but for some reason i cant get it to work...

If i want to configure, for example, a left turn and turn the stick to the left, it also configures the same movement to the right turn... Same goes with nose up/nose down.... That´s weird... i´ve been trying to seek for help from bf2 forums, but nobody knows what´s up.... :?

"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:41 pm

That's right Sapper; it is configuring the Axis. Try it out and you will see that the corresponding turn works perfectly. I also thought it was a bit odd, but it automatically sets the opposite movement at the same time.

Have all my buttons mapped (MS Sidewinder 2). Just need to refine my button for bombs (don't think I did that one yet). While I will practice a bit in the jets, my real interest is with the helicopters for sure. Adds a whole new dimension to the game (that plus the commander's role which I also like).

Let me know how you make out Sapper. Launch a LAN server with a 64-person map that has a carrier/airstrip and give it a whirl. You can fine tune your joystick as you play.

Up the flying!

TactS!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:47 pm

Heard somewhere that Saiteks are a problem,must dig out my old stick se if it works,well done Tact so far I can fly but landing is something elsenever mind get to use the chute a lot,tends to annoy the passengers tho.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:53 pm

Yes I can imagine having the pilot bailing leaves your passengers in a bit of a pickle. :D

Still crashing a little bit when I practice some crazy stuff like landing on buildings and what not. Even with the stick it is tricky but a lot easier. Really enjoy the different planes of motion in a helicopter, guess I should have picked up a helicopter sim, mind you being able to land then resume fighting on the ground is great fun!

TS!
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:05 pm

choppers are cool, I use the keyboard, I was the highest scoring player on a server in the apachythingy :D
Minut corrections and you can fly though tunnels and all sorts of small gaps! :)
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:40 pm

Indeed. Finding I need to be really gentle with the stick. I could change the sensitivity but I'll get use to it (hopefully).

I also see some trying to use TIR in mouse emulation mode. Might eventually give it a try but for now the mouse is good for infantry.

TS!
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:56 pm

well you can always turn it off when on foot couldent you?
:?
my gunner wouldent belive i was a noob :lol:
untill I got him killed that is :?
again and again :x
then he hopped in the pilots seat and showed me how to fly :shock:
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:09 am

No folks are using TIR when playing a soldier on the ground. But of course this would be ideal in flight.

Last night I was waiting in the transport helicopter to show off my new found flying skills (please let me have some new skills to show off [-o< ), when my so-called teammate starts shooting the helicopter. It eventually blows up - thanks buddy (mumble, mumble). Oh I see, he wanted to fly it. Oh look he immediately takes off only to crash it into a building. :roll: Hey, smoooooooth buddy. :badgrin:

TS!
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:46 am

I also thought it was a bit odd, but it automatically sets the opposite movement at the same time.
So despite the fact that game controll-thingies show that opposite moves have the same config, they really dont?

Roger that, i´ll give it a ago as soon as my GF raises my "that was the last %&¤##%& time you played that stupid game, this week"-status to online :oops: :lol:
my so-called teammate starts shooting the helicopter
Yeah.... one time i jumped into a gunners seat of a helicopter and the pilot started saying "get out". I was like "no way dude, lets go". So he took off, and when we reached the parachuting altitude, he jumped out...

It appeared that he and his clan-buddy wanted to fly together, and since i got in the chopper before his buddy (who was nowhere to be seen at the time i entered the chopper) and refused to leave (IF he had explained the situation, i might actually had offered my seat to his buddy.. but he just kept saying "get out" and i wondered "wtf is this guy´s major malfunction?") he tried to kill me by jumping out...

Too bad for him, immediatly as i saw him bailing out, i changed to pilot´s position, and managed to get the chopper in control... then i picked up myself a gunner (who was exellent gunner, btw) and flew that chopper ´till the end of the match.

Mr. "that chopper belongs to me and my clan" never saw that chopper again on that match :badgrin:

Last edited by Sapper-FIN on Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:03 pm

Stat-padding contd.
Last night came accross this dork sitting in the Abrahms refusing to move it from the spawn point,simply wanting his "time in vehicle badge".
Sorry but it was worth the team kill points.
This week am mainly base jumping from the TV Centre,still cant fly worth a damn.
Sapper-FIN does stealing a chopper get you points :badgrin:
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:36 am

Sapper-FIN does stealing a chopper get you points
Unfortunately not... specially, if you steal it from an idiot :lol:
Post Maniac General

Upcoming Patch News

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:11 pm

Forgive the poor English translation (sounds like Oleg might have written this one ;) ).

----------

Edited by Thunderpimp on Sep 8 2005 3:50PM (2 times)

The new patch will be a full version patch not just a quick fix like the 1.0x implies. The new patch will be called 1.1, not 1.03.

UPDATED WITH NEW INFO

Translated from http://www.battlefield2.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Beginning October brings out EA and DICE the new patch. These so-called 1.03 patch had been meant initially solve the bugs which sit in the current version. Halfway august have DICE decided extend the patch with new features and the name of the patch has thus changed of 1.03 to 1.1 to indicate this step. Some days after this notice EA have asked all Trusted partners they would want which features gladly see in the new release. Its dozens of ideas forward come and the most requested new features have been handled by DICE.

In the previous weeks much of these new features to outside have been leaked. DICE indicate that possibly not all called features come in the new patch sit because there is this time private no half provide work. All new fixes and features are firstly internally tested and over 2 weeks are released to closed beta group. This group a reflection will be of the average gamer. The patch must on all kinds of types hardware and software configurations is tested for a new debacle to occur. Of gone wrong at the release of the first patch EA and DICE much have learned fortunately.

A small overview of the new features which is confirmed by DICE:

*Than 160 server - and clientside bugfixes more
*New ingame server browser with support for "favourites", "history" the servers visited for an overview of last and improved zoekalgoritme
*Squad leaders get reported if someone wants join itself at its closed squad
*Special Ops gets points if they break the radar, artillery or the UAV of the antagonist
*The support, Medic and Engineer class get a limit on the number of aid points that they can use deserve by of their special kit on each other player separately. These classes can continue use, however, their kit, they get only no extra points. (anti point-farming)
*If you sit in a vehicle you can see who still more in the vehicle to sit there, moreover to see you which kit they has
*In - and zoom out on the card it is adapted to the mapgrootte
*Teamkills are registered in a new manner and are settled. Thus it becomes impossible teamkills for for example bringing down the Black Hawk get helicopter which then prompt on a group team degrees crash down
*The transport helicopter is adapted. The Black Hawk get something less powerful onboard miniguns. Also it will be no longer possible the helicopter in air continue repair.
*The ticketratio of ranked server are made dependent of the maximum number of players. At present the ticketratio are dependent on the mapgrootte
*Better teambalance: commanders and squadleaders are no longer moved to the other team.

At this moment DICE work for very important features still two which has not been confirmed:

*The serverside software are extended with "reserved slots". Clanmembers can play this way always on the server. These reserved spelerslots confiscate up to 20% of the total number of slots and have been always reserved. If there no clanmembers use of this function, and this function stands activated wél in the configuration of the gameserver, then the server reserves always some slots.

*A new assessment in the ranks and medals which must ensure that starting players will increase more rapidly in rank and unlocked weapon to get. All players probably minimum één rank will increase.
There a real chance exists that above two features will not sit in the new patch! They will come then in één of the continuation patches."

-----

Giving points to the Special Ops for destroying enemy's radar/artillery sounds great! Receiving promotions/awards/unlocks more quickly means a person like me (with less gaming time/poorer skills than the teenaged gamer) might actually get his "money's worth" out of the game. :D

-----

Last night was messing around with the Special Ops guy. Had a blast throwing C4 around one of our flags and then waiting for the enemy to show up. Press the button and two kills. :badgrin: I was also dropping C4 from a helicopter. Couldn't manage throwing a stick onto any soldier yet though. :shock:

Was on a 64-player map with 32 players. To my surprise the game ran smoothly. I now play BF2 using 4xAA with everything on High, except Lighting, Textures and Shadows which are on Medium. Seems to address my 1MB RAM issue (apparently Textures on High needs @2MB RAM :? ).

No new awards yet but should soon have my next rank. Decided not to post any BF2 signature because, well, it is rahter shameful at the moment. :lol: Need to find some noob server out there. :D

Regards,
TactS!
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:13 pm

Thanks M8 I like the quicker promotions/unlocks.
Spec ops can be fun make sure though that when blowing up a bridge your on the right side,and not left stranded on the enemy side.Detuning the mini gun will annoy some folk,as will not being able to self repair in flight,am still waiting for the "tactical nuke" :badgrin: