A great site

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Ghost
Postmaster

A great site

Post by :FI:Ghost » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:29 pm

I found this site a couple of days ago, and I must admit I was happy as a clown when I saw all those video clips of russian airplanes... I have downloaded some of them and they are trully remarkable (especially the MIG 29 Demo video).

I warmly recommend this site for all that share love for russian aviation...

http://www.aviapedia.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
*Bury me at sea where no murdered ghosts can haunt me, if I rock upon the waves then no corpse can lay upon me*
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:56 pm

Good find Boris, thanks! :) But the video showing Venezuela buying russian jets disturbs me. I know it's business and all, but the purchase just makes the region here a bit more dangerous. :x
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Ghost » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:19 pm

I don't think you should be afraid of Venezuela. The only reason they are buying russian airplanes is to protect themselves from the possible US attack (of course, whether they can or cannot defend themselves is a matter for a separate discussion).
*Bury me at sea where no murdered ghosts can haunt me, if I rock upon the waves then no corpse can lay upon me*
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:04 pm

He bought weapons from Russia because the US placed an embargo on the spare parts for their F-16s. Their aircraft could scramble from bases and reach here in 15-30 minutes.
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Ghost » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:26 pm

I know that, but why on earth would Venezuela attack T&T???
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:43 am

Well, they claimed the islands were once part of the mainland, and we got lots of OIL! Then there's the fishing disputes. We aren't exactly on bad terms but you never know what can happen with a commie dictator. I just don't trust Hugo Chavez.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:50 am

Don't worry AB

I'm sure you're as safe as Sri Lanka and Taiwan.

Maybe Hugo just like de Limbo mon.

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:21 am

I just love their women. Man, they're the best! But if you try to date one of them you'll have to take the WHOLE family out too. And when they have one child they balloon up big time! :shock: Just ask me Uncle, he married one of them. :lol:

My apologies for the political rant but anyone who tries to take away the old AB's freedom is gonna get a troop of pissed offf Howler moneys armed with heat-seeking coconuts.

I kinda wish we'd buy some MiG-29s. Man, they look good. Or maybe some Hind gunships. We're supposed to get 2 Apaches from Israel. 8)

Hey, Boris when are you gonna get your butt down here. The ladies ain't gonna wait forever you know. :lol:

Altar-just love paragraphs-Boy. :lol:
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Ghost » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:27 pm

You are right about Venezuelan girls, they are bloody hot.. There was that venezuelan TV series, a very stupid one, but I watched it only because of a beautiful girls that played in it, one especially beautiful...

As far as my arrival is concerned, I don't think that will be any time soon, cause I am still in college, and still in 1st year (although I was suppose to be in 3rd) and I don't think I would be able to stay in T&T if I don't graduate from college, right??
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:08 pm

Yeah, better finish up the studies, Boris. It'll better your chances. :)