Pearl to Japan

Dates, News and Comments
Gurkesaft
Professional Boardie

Post by Gurkesaft » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:16 am

Ha. No, it was a damn lucky flight pattern you took. Filled the whole site!

We should just play the version by ear. If the one guy shows up without 4.071 we can all switch relatively easily.

There are still troubles with downloading from boonty. Not sure if they fixed it yet, but I'm here if anyone needs to know about the registry trick! It's a big pain in the butt.
eye hammer hue jury tarred
Gurkesaft
Professional Boardie

Post by Gurkesaft » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:36 pm

Thanks everyone! Had a good time, even the 1st and 3rd runs, where I stupided my plane into various surprising things...like, other planes...or the the EARTH.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:01 am

You need to get REALLY good to miss the EARTH. No worries mate, you'll improve.

It was a pleasure havin' ya. See you next week ... or sooner.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:58 pm

Was checking the eventlog for last Sundays coops but I seem to have made an arse of it and dont have the three missions, so if you have a copy of the eventlog with the three missions could you send it to me please.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:20 pm

:FI:Ardmore wrote:Was checking the eventlog for last Sundays coops but I seem to have made an arse of it and dont have the three missions, so if you have a copy of the eventlog with the three missions could you send it to me please.
Check your mails, Vin! :)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Gurkesaft
Professional Boardie

Post by Gurkesaft » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:22 pm

Hahaha I look GOOD on the aircraft carrier. It's not exactly the ball of fire shot I was hoping for, but who can complain?

Too bad you can't have a photograph showing 5 carrier passes with a cockpit full of backseat landers.
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:15 pm

Stats are up for Sunday 28/01/07, as usual check and make sure I did you all justice, Scott has now 24 missions alive ^:) good going. There was a couple of deck collisions and two folk were killed sitting at the front of the carrier so I took the liberty of keeping them alive.

We need to keep on top of this skins thing as its contributing to some untimely deaths and some rotten shooting :) .

I'm on nightshift this Sunday 04/02/07 so either we can have the start at 18:00 GMT or leave it to the following Sunday 11/02/07 at the usual time, what do think?

Vin
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:13 pm

I will go with the flow- starting at 6.00pm is no problem for me- does that mean we would be flying by 7.00?!!!
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

Badger
Postmaster

Post by Badger » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:55 pm

Good point! Shall we introduce some disciplines to ensure a timely session start and progression or is that too harsh?

:-k
:FI:Badger
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:22 pm

Gah!

I died TWICE last weekend!

So much for my earlier glories.

About the skins.

If you don't have all the skins you need; Corsair, SBD, whatever IN your skin files then turn off skin download in the game. That should help ... right?

6PM ... you guys usually start at 7:30, correct?

So, that would mean an hour and a half earlier?

12 Noon for us Centrailians.

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
Gurkesaft
Professional Boardie

Post by Gurkesaft » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:33 pm

I have turned off skin download in the conf.ini:

SkinDownload=0

This is all I have to do?

Also, please all feel free to download the 3-plane skin pack, which includes all of the default and personal skins for the F4U-1A, F4U-1C, F4U-1D, F6F-3, F6F-5, SBD-3, and SBD-5. I'm pretty sure from the complete lack of response that we will use only those planes for these upcoming missions.

http://www.businessfist.com/fi/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (20MB)

I have installed these, AND turned off SkinDownload. I'll be a guinness pig and see if the skins are visible without SkinDownload on Sunday.

-Jack
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:55 pm

Gurke,

If you have all the skins you need for the Sunday flyin', then use an :FI: Default skin and turn skins back on!

The next skin update will include your personalized skins.; at least those skins I've done.

It should be out in mid February. There may be a second update later in Feb/March that includes more personalized skins done by the other skinners.

Anyone who knows of a regular flyer who hasn't yet d'l'd the skins, give'em an E-mail or whatever.

Thx,

Falcon

:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:39 pm

:FI:Ardmore wrote: I'm on nightshift this Sunday 04/02/07 so either we can have the start at 18:00 GMT or leave it to the following Sunday 11/02/07 at the usual time, what do think?

Vin
Well I won't be able to make first mission I suspect - but I should be OK for 7.30pm GMT or so.
Olegs stalker

:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

That´ll be a close one ...

Post by :FI:Genosse » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:43 pm

... I´m not sure if I´m gonna make it ...

Let´s see ...
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:17 pm

Looking at the responses it would appear its to early for the Europeans with kids and just too early for the Colonies period, so therefore the final session of Pearl to Japan will be on the following Sunday 11/02/07.

Vin