Interested in Joining FI Possibly

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Dr_Strangelove
Forum Junky

Interested in Joining FI Possibly

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:26 am

Hello Gents,

I am very interested to take a look at all the Fighting Irish have to offer. After a long overdue vacation, I have recently re-installed FB/ACE/PF and am looking to get involved again. I was a part of a great crew from Europe before I left, but the time difference just made it very difficult for me to get together with them. While I still frequent their forums and such, I am really looking for a home more in my timezone.

As it stands, I am a bit out of practice, but can pick things up quickly. My interest lies primarily in mud moving but I would be interested to improve my dogfighting skills as well. I hear you guys do quite a bit on the historic side of things, so that is definitely something interesting me.

A little about myself:

I am a 28 year old Security Consultant from the USA that runs a website http://www.ughq.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and forums http://www.ultimategamingforums.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The site is a direct reflection of my interests and hobbies, which include everything from gaming to hardware and technology. I tend to game an hour or two randomly during the week and quite a bit on the weekend, especially Sunday. (This of course all depends also on what my wife has on the "honey-do" list :)

Other than that, I am a pretty easy going guy that likes to joke around a lot. Falcon has mentioned that there was a great group of people here, so I thought to check things out for myself.

-Strangelove
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:35 am

Welcome mate!

If your schedule permits on Friday nights starting at 10:00 p.m. Atlantic time zone I host Historic Encounters. Most of the regulars are North American :FI: mates with even some lads able to join on a regular basis from overseas.

All are welcome to join these sessions. However, you do need to prepare yourself in terms of downloading the necessary custom skins, maps and such ahead of time. If you are interested please read through the Historic Encounters thread (towards the end) and take a look at our website here.

Regards,
TS!
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:50 am

Wow, that looks pretty awesome! I think I would definitely play there at some point. Probably won't be for at least a week or two, as I do not wish to embarass myself ;)
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:56 am

Join us anytime mate. Just armchair pilots pretending to be WW2 aces. Sessions are fun with lots of laughs.

We will keep your seat warm until you can make it mate. Let me know if you need any help.

TS!
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:43 pm

Welcome Doctor!

Please join us on Friday or Sunday, those are two good times to meet some of the mates. Sunday we start around 1 or 2 o'clock Central time. You'll find us in HyperLobby flying V4.05. We will be on the top of the list with the prefix :FI:. You'll need our TeamSpeak address and password. Ask anyone or Gurberly in the "Communications" forum for that and take some time to set it up. The light next to the top right icon (of a radio) on our front page blinks if anyone is on there.

You'll need V4.05. Download that if you need to and ask for assistance in the "Tech" forum if you have a question.

Some of us still may be using V4.04. Ask about that in "Sessions".

That's about it.

If anyone else is flying before Friday, please let Strangelove know.

Thanks,

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Ege
Professional Boardie

Post by Ege » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:56 pm

Great introduction. Considerably better than mine was :o
:FI:IceFrog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:IceFrog » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:58 pm

Welcome Dr. Strangelove
we need a doctor or two in this here squadron
just watch out for the sheep and wear your high boots
"IceFrog" Image
The past is the prelude to the future
“Indecision is the key to flexibily”
Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:08 pm

Welcome Sir :)

Glad the TS info was useful ;)

Skipper
"Nothing in Life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill

Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:57 pm

Falcon has mentioned that there was a great group of people here
Indeed there are ;)

Welcome mate! ^:)
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:28 pm

Wow, this has been a very warm welcome, moreso than any other place I have been looking. Now either that means you really are a good bunch or sick and twisted enough to smell fresh meat to abuse and torture :evil:
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:10 pm

abuse and torture
How do you know what happens in our Initiation rite? :D
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:47 pm

Dr_Strangelove wrote:Wow, this has been a very warm welcome, moreso than any other place I have been looking. Now either that means you really are a good bunch or sick and twisted enough to smell fresh meat to abuse and torture :evil:
. . . and youve not met Willie and his flamethrower yet!

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Igor
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:27 am

Sapper...don't tell im about the initiation...ids a secret....Dr. ..do ya drink? ...da black nector from Dublin?...can ya fly?

Igor
:FI:Igor
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:30 am

:FI:Igor wrote:Sapper...don't tell im about the initiation...ids a secret....Dr. ..do ya drink? ...da black nector from Dublin?...can ya fly?

Igor
Well I cannot fly, but when I drink a few Guiness, I sure as hell think I can :D
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:13 am

Dr_Strangelove wrote:Wow, this has been a very warm welcome, moreso than any other place I have been looking. Now either that means you really are a good bunch or sick and twisted enough to smell fresh meat to abuse and torture :evil:
Doc!

Have you already flown with our chaps? If not I´d recommend you to fly with our chaps some Historic Encounters on Fridays and tell us then your mind how it was.

Just in case you should lose your interest to join the squad because so much time has already lapsed I just want mention to be patient and to follow these steps. Hold on and you´ll be awarded with the membership in this madhouse ...

^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image