LOMAC

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

LOMAC

Post by :FI:Nellip » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:50 pm

Hi folks.

Whilst on a family shopping trip last weekend I spotted LOMAC in the bargain bin at our local Woolworths - £10 (or rather £9.99 :) )

Loaded it up fine and patched to 1.2 from Ubi.

WOW - really like it, but it is VERY complicated on the avionics side. I though the engine management in FB was a challenge but nothing like the weapons systems in LOMAC. The flying I actually find easier than FB - must be the HUD and all the warnings you get in angle of attack and speed etc - but shooting anything down is a challenge, and ground targets are even harder!

I have decided to concentrate on one aircraft to start - probably the F15 as it has autotrim so that is one less thing to worry about :)

Are any other mates still messing about with this game as it might be fun to try out online. Also has anyone tried the Flaming Cliffs addon - trying to decide if I should invest in that also. If anyone knows of a good reference site for the F15 weapons systems let me know.

Nellip
Olegs stalker

:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:30 pm

Hi there, Nellip!

In regaards to Lomac - go here.

You will find quite a lot of Lomac-related stuff there.

F15, you say...:) I don't know any site which could tel you about the F15 in lomac, but try Simhq and airwarfare, maybe you'll find something interesting there.

also, the manual which comes with Flaming Cliffs as PDF file is really great, it tells a lot about weapon systems and so on.

S!

Macca
ImageImageImage
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Funny enough...

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:18 pm

I just re-installed it last night.
recommend LOMAN (Lomac manager)free download

I agree so many bells and whistles I still have'nt figured all the key assignments.

not sure about Flaming cliffs since it uses Starforce Protection. Waiting for the verdict to come out on that one. although you do get coloured smoke pods with it.
Got some understanding of the F-15 payloads from the F14 in Top-Gun ( the old Dos one from way back when) but this just doesn't compare to LockOn.

Lomac may persuade ne to get an X-45. at the moment Im looking at four sets of keyboard assignments.
( and I thought it might offer some light relief from sorting my Perfect mode Open GL bug )

Should be details in encyclopedia in LOMAC

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:05 pm

I have this and love it, the flying is beautiful, very smooth. I could be persuaded to fly. McBiggles has it too.

Noter
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:25 am

i have it... another freebie. but do not have it installed... had it a long time and just never got around to it. i will have to do that soon and see what's up with it.

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:56 am

I've got it but haven't got into it-

I keep on saying that i'll get round to it when I have the time to learn the avionics/ weapon systems.. roll on retirement I suppose (only 30 odd years to go- more if dear Mr Blair has anything to do with it bless him)
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.