Do 335

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:IceFrog
Forum Junky

Do 335

Post by :FI:IceFrog » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:30 pm

still looks like it's out of a cartoon

http://www.world-war-2-planes.com/do-335.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Do 335 was the first military aircraft to be equipped with an ejection seat. It also featured explosive bolts that would separate the tail from the rest of the fuselage to make sure the ejection would be safe.
With its front and rear engine, the Do 335 was a unique type of airplane. Very compact and very fast, it was meant from the start to be built in two versions: a single- and a two-seater. The prototype flew for the first time in October, 1943. Armed with a 30mm cannon and two 15mm cannon, the standard line type was equipped with two DB 603E-1 engines developing 1,800 each.
As with the Me 262, Hitler wanted the aircraft to be a bomber, and that delayed the project for 18 months. 10 preproduction Do 335 were built to be assessed in operation. Only 11 operational single seater and 2 two-seater had been produced when the Oberpfaffenhofen plant was seized by the Allied in 1945. Had the war lasted longer, the Dornier 335 would have made a formidable opponent to the Allied airplanes.
"IceFrog" Image
The past is the prelude to the future
“Indecision is the key to flexibily”
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

If the Italians could have had them -

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:30 am

Would they have fitted reverse gears ?

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:IceFrog
Forum Junky

Re: If the Italians could have had them -

Post by :FI:IceFrog » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:15 pm

Italians...................... does look like a nose of one..............sorry honey....Falcon made me say it
"IceFrog" Image
The past is the prelude to the future
“Indecision is the key to flexibily”
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:10 am

yeah, it looks sorta like the nose off the Ju-52...

now i wish Oleg would have seen fit to put the cockpits (and make flyable) at least one transport or so in the game. i know his reasoning (as stated) was that no one would want to fly a ship without guns or bombs... but honestly, i would. i'd get a kick out of flying a transport through dangerous countryside dodging flak and fighters. anyone else?

and having a cockpit for the C-47 or the Ju52 would be wayyy cool.

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:05 am

Beowolff wrote:yeah, it looks sorta like the nose off the Ju-52...

now i wish Oleg would have seen fit to put the cockpits (and make flyable) at least one transport or so in the game. i know his reasoning (as stated) was that no one would want to fly a ship without guns or bombs... but honestly, i would. i'd get a kick out of flying a transport through dangerous countryside dodging flak and fighters. anyone else?

and having a cockpit for the C-47 or the Ju52 would be wayyy cool.

Beowolff

it would be way awesome, not to mention dropping paratroops
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:49 am

One of my favourite flights in FS2002 is crashing Dakotas in the Himalayas.

(I must be subconsciously looking for Shakgri-la)