Online Recording Tracks

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

01 Jan 06

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:04 am

Folks!

Here´re the recordings of last Sunday´s New Year´s Waterworld DF mission, Malaysia COOP mission and New Guinea COOP mission (COOPs hosted by Ardmore).

Get the 28 MB sized recording here* and enjoy them, folks! :D

^:)

Gen "Happy New Year!" osse

* not available
Last edited by :FI:Genosse on Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:31 am

Ty , kind Sir!

Macca
ImageImageImage
Post Maniac General

08 Jan 06

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:13 am

Folks!

Here´re the recordings of last Sunday´s DF 1942 Singapore, MM: P-38L vs Bf-109Z and DF 1942 Guadalcanal.

Get the 59 MB sized recording here* and enjoy them, folks! :D

Gen "You´ve seen it?" osse

* not available
Last edited by :FI:Genosse on Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:15 pm

Must say those pics of the P-38L and less seen BF-109Z were really well done! You put a lot of work into all your screenshots and it really shows Gen. =D] I especially love these two planes - they are so unique looking.

I would have guessed the Bf-109Z would win, but maybe like you that the contest would have been - well - a contest. My condolences to the families of the Allied virtual pilots last Sunday. :D

--

We recently enjoyed some bomber (He-111) interceptions in Normandy with the P-38L in Historic Encounters. I think the lads enjoyed flying this famous plane from Normandy.

Next time we visit this campaign I intend to see how a matchup against the Bf-110 G2 will go for us. Should definitely have the upperhand but still should be an interesting fight, especially if we are assigned to groundpounding and get bounced. I always respected to particular plane, especially when flying a "paper" Yak. ;)

-

Keep up the wonderful work with the screenshots. Care to tell us what program you use (Photoshop?), and how long it usually takes to edit the shots and put the slideshow up on the Internet? Also, do you play the game at such a high resolution Gen, or is this only used during playback?

Tact - "with lots of questions" - S!
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:26 am

Rgrt Tact.

Really nice work Gen as always.

Thanks for your efforts M8.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:09 pm

:FI:TacticalS! wrote:Keep up the wonderful work with the screenshots. Care to tell us what program you use (Photoshop?), and how long it usually takes to edit the shots and put the slideshow up on the Internet? Also, do you play the game at such a high resolution Gen, or is this only used during playback?

Tact - "with lots of questions" - S!
First of all thank you both Gadje and TacticalS! for your compliments. Sometimes I ask myself why the h**l I still work on the screen shots and this since years now. To be honest I really don´t know it ... it´s grown into some kind of habit over the years and I´d surely miss it if I wasn´t able to do them ... :?

Anyhow, ...

Yes, Tactical, I use Photoshop for editing the screen shots. First of all I watch the .ntrk movies at least twice just in order to know when who shot whom down (actually I note down the time indices on a piece of paper). This usually takes up to two hours depending on the movie.

After that I increase my IL-2 graphic settings (from "Excellent" to "Perfect" yet I keep my screen resolution of 1280x960!!!) and I follow my plan of time indices and jump from plane to plane (that´s the reason why it´s so important that everone uses his/her correct squadron number: they´re easy to identify!!!). I need to find the most interesting (or sensational) views of the scene and make the shot of it. This also takes depending on the movie´s duration up to two hours.

Hold on, folks! We´ve almost finished this lap ... just a few yards to run ... ;)

Next stop: Photoshop. Every single shot will be opened into Photoshop and has to be carefully regarded and evaluated by me. Which details should be shown? Can I use this shot because of the faint/strong colours? What do I like to tell with this shot? ... once I´ve decided a shot is worth to be shown I use the Photoshop "Cut Tool" (settings 480px*360px at 96 px/inch) and I cut out the final object to be shown. The two text lines and a blue or green filter layed onto each shot and they´re ready to be uploaded ... this step takes depending on the amount of picture up to two hours.

Finally I upload the shots onto the FIS site and comment them there. Duration: half an hour.

Summary:

- Watching movies: 2 hours
- Taking shots: 2 hours
- Editing shots: 2 hours
- Releasing shots: 0.5 hour

Total: up to 6.5 hours

And now you can call me The Stupid Germerman! :p :lol: ;)

Image Image
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:51 pm

I imagined the process was this involved. Kudos Genosse! We all enjoy the effort.

Bet you wished there was a rewind button on playback, eh mate? ;)

Thanks for the explanation. This should scare Noter from wanting to do many screenshots of our sessions. :D Wait a minute, I mean . . . :( ;)

TS!
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:11 pm

That's the spirit, Gen!!! My big respect for you, mate.

You must really like it as you spend so much of your precious time.

The screenies you take are always great, keep up the good work, Sir!

Mac(I would be to lazy)ca
ImageImageImage
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:07 pm

Fully appreciate all Gen's work, and his time estimates are spot on. I would love to get my screenies posted within that time. Little more practice and I'll get there.

The time commitment is daunting, but getting those shots so everybody can see what went on in the session is rewarding. Leaves a nice warm spot in my heart :p :lol:

Sounds like Snoop can get in on this too. Maybe we can trade weeks.

Noter
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:50 pm

For a while I did the screen shots thingie and I was never so happy when Gen started doing them every week ... and doing them better btw.

Great work Frank! Your work and commitment on the front page adds another reason why this place is BY FAR the best squadron web site in the business.

Ja! Es ist der UberSite!

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:IceFrog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:IceFrog » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:53 pm

:FI:Genosse wrote:And now you can call me The Stupid Germerman! :p :lol: ;)
great job as always,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,geeeeee Gen where would this site, or for that matter the whole IL2 thing be without you Germans :D
"IceFrog" Image
The past is the prelude to the future
“Indecision is the key to flexibily”
Post Maniac General

15 Jan 06

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:39 pm

Folks!

Here´re the recordings of last Sunday´s Hawaii 1941, Wake Island 1941 and Midway 1942 COOP missions.

Get the 32 MB sized recordings here* and enjoy them, folks! :D

Gen "COOP" osse

*not available
Last edited by :FI:Genosse on Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:27 am

Is there some sort of 'movie' folder in IL-2 to play the movies, if so I can't find it... but knowing my luck no sooner than I post this I'll find it ;)

NC
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:43 am

Worked it out right after, just new it - heh

NC
Post Maniac General

22 Jan 06

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:17 am

Folks!

Here´re the recordings of last Sunday´s DF 1943 Pacific Islands, Mikester´s Pacific Islands COOP and the SOB-ER! 2 DF missions.

Get the 55 MB sized recording here* and enjoy them, folks! :D

Gen "Gimme more of that stuff!" osse

*not available
Last edited by :FI:Genosse on Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image