Important Inormation for you all

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Grecian
Postmaster

Important Inormation for you all

Post by Grecian » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:42 pm

When we visit toilets, bathrooms, hotel rooms, changing rooms, etc., how many of you know for sure that the seemingly ordinary mirror hanging on the wall is a real mirror, or actually a two-way mirror?? Just conduct this simple test: Place the tip of your fingernail against the reflective surface and if there is a GAP between your fingernail and the image of the nail, then it is a GENUINE mirror. However, if your fingernail DIRECTLY TOUCHES the image of your nail, then BEWARE, for it is a two-way mirror
:?

More useless info here:-

http://www.pmbc.com/fact.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots..." Frank Spencer.

Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:51 pm

actually, that's the truth. good show. i had been told that many years ago, by an old spy master i knew overseas. not that it ever meant anything to me, then or now. even knowing it, i've continued to "not" conduct the test down through the years. lol. guess i figure my life is so boring who the hell would want to observe or film it? hehehehe...

Beo
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:15 pm

good stuff Gre!

thanx!
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:18 pm

What about stainless steel mirrors, like they have in prisons and such places? The reflection there is from the surface of the material, not from a reflective film protected by a sheet of glass.

...and if the person installing the two way mirror knew of this simple test and then placed a sheet of perspex or glass on top of his two way mirror, you'd still have the gap between nail and reflected image :p

????

G
I fear no beer

Grecian
Postmaster

Post by Grecian » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:22 pm

:roll: There's always one ain't there :lol:
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots..." Frank Spencer.

The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:27 pm

:lol:

Sorry

though I'm looking over the site and I'm wondering about this one

Cat's urine glows under a black light.

What is black light?

G
I fear no beer

Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:32 pm

well, obvisiouly you didn't grow up in America in the 60's/70's/ early 80's, Gub. LOL! black lights were in ABUNDANCE in those days.

:lol:

Beo
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:37 pm

Ah thanks, I think I have it now.

Had to do a little Googling to find out. Seems like it's just another term for UV light?

A bit like the lights they use in clubs to highlight ones dandruff :D

G
I fear no beer

Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:54 pm

correct... made your teeth look really purplish whitish while you were swirling around faking a dance with your girl friend on the hardwood. also gave an odd (zombie-like) cast to your eyes.

skating rinks also loved black lights and used them extensively during that time frame.

there was a whole mess of black light stuff... posters, body paint, ear rings, necklaces, etc... that gave STRANGE colors and such when beamed with such light.... yet looked ordinary under normal lighting.

i once skated with a pretty girl in a skating rink... a fine looking lass that seemed interested in me. and was a bit shocked when they lowered the normal lights and cut on the black lights... on her forehead with the UV paint, she had spelled out... "just ask. yes, i will." lol... i suppose she had done that during a trip to the bathroom a bit earlier.

ah, so of course i "did" ask. (psst...and yes, she did.)

;)

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:18 pm

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words.
I can imagine, a patient suffering from that, in a doctors office...

"Sir, i think you suffer from Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia"

"Aaargh!! dont say that!!"

"what? Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia??"

"aargh you said it again!!"
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."